SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The XC90 can now be ordered in the XC90 T5 configuration.

The XC90 T5 has FWD as its standard drivetrain with AWD being an option and its HP/Torque ratings are 250 and 258 lbs/ft, respectively. It will be a 5-passenger vehicle.

The MSRP for the various trim levels are as follows:

• $43,950 XC90 T5 FWD Momentum
    $51,250 XC90 T5 FWD Inscription
    $49,350 XC90 T5 FWD R-design

Destination charge is not included in the above figures.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Thanks GrecianVolvo.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The XC90 can now be ordered in the XC90 T5 configuration.

The XC90 T5 has FWD as its standard drivetrain with AWD being an option and its HP/Torque ratings are 250 and 258 lbs/ft, respectively. It will be a 5-passenger vehicle.

The MSRP for the various trim levels are as follows:

• $43,950 XC90 T5 FWD Momentum
    $51,250 XC90 T5 FWD Inscription
    $49,350 XC90 T5 FWD R-design

Destination charge is not included in the above figures.
When will they be available? And when for OSD?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When will they be available? And when for OSD?
If you order now, you will probably get it in late Q1 or early Q2.

OSD will come out with its own announcement soon.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
No option for 3rd row seats? Oh...no :facepalm:

I don't mind 250HP, like the FWD, but definitely want the 3rd row seats on a SUV.

If not for 3rd row, I'd go with V90CC.

Also they should allow T6 without 3rd row, liked by many Americans.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts

I don't mind 250HP, like the FWD, but definitely want the 3rd row seats on a SUV.

If not for 3rd row, I'd go with V90CC.

No AWD and no 3rd row in the T5 is because it saves a good amount of weight making it easier for the T5 setup to pull the vehicle around.

No 3rd row option in a T6 would be nice if ever made available for those who don't take advantage of it.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
No AWD and no 3rd row in the T5 is because it saves a good amount of weight making it easier for the T5 setup to pull the vehicle around.

No 3rd row option in a T6 would be nice if ever made available for those who don't take advantage of it.
3rd row seats are not heavy at all and I don't mind haul them around on T5. Please give me choices, since T5 is quite good option!

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
3rd row seats are not heavy at all
Weight is weight. Look at the 2016 Prius, they removed the spare in only top of the line models with tons of options because they had to cut that small amount of weight to still have it meet weight/MPG requirements.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You do realize you wrote two contradictory statements, right? ;)

It is pretty simple; don't care for the 3rd row and want to save some money? Now you have a choice whereas, until now, you did not! :cool:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
How about a 3-row XC90 that loses the 2nd row middle seat in favor of captains chairs?

Or is that elite level of crafty innovation best left to SUV's from GM and Dodge?

·
Registered
523 Posts
i would love a T5 with 3 rows and AWD. no need for a T6 for me.

I would like to have the same options as T6 but with a T5 engine. And the canadian dollar is NOT helping with pricing of these cars.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How about a 3-row XC90 that loses the 2nd row middle seat in favor of captains chairs?

Or is that elite level of crafty innovation best left to SUV's from GM and Dodge?
Volvo (unlike Dodge) innovates in safety, some times decades ahead of future tests. ;)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
This is probably a silly question but this isn't a nail in the coffin of the XC60, is it?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
This is probably a silly question but this isn't a nail in the coffin of the XC60, is it?
XC60 getting total re-do next year - so will be a smaller platform with Sensus tech.
I'd have bought a XC60 over the XC90 had it had a new design and all the new tech.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
A third row should be an option, like AWD. I'd still have gotten the T6, but options are nice. Oh, and thanks for the info! I cant wait to see some pics :)

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I bet these new XC90 models push out the refresh of the XC60. They are nearly the same dimensions - I have them side by side in my garage. ;)
I have a '13 XC60 R-Design next to my XC90 as well.
In my driveway, the XC90 definitely seems larger.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
You do realize you wrote two contradictory statements, right? ;)

It is pretty simple; don't care for the 3rd row and want to save some money? Now you have a choice whereas, until now, you did not! :cool:
Not contradictory. :)

I'd like 3rd row on T5, while many Americans like two rows only, on T5 or maybe even T6. :)
I don't say I like two rows only on SUV.

A T5 with 3rd row in the option list will be better because of more choice. :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts