1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there
They don't just slide in!
You can't hammer them in!
I have the sub frame out of the car so it's easy to work on and made a simple press with thread rod and appropriate size rings and even then it's a little tricky.
Are you guys doing this without special tools?

Cheers

·
Registered
17,483 Posts
With a screw press like you made. Only way to do it. They need positive retention that's why it's so hard to install.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey there
They don't just slide in!
You can't hammer them in!
I have the sub frame out of the car so it's easy to work on and made a simple press with thread rod and appropriate size rings and even then it's a little tricky.
Are you guys doing this without special tools?

Cheers
I haven't put bushings in a subframe before but from experience with other bushings I know that throwing the bushings in the freezer and heating up the sub frame holes with a blow torch (don't get it too hot) can help alot.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I read on here somewhere guys were doing this while sub frame was still on the car... That would make things substantially more difficult but i suppose it could be done.

Oh! And the ProParts Sweeden bushings are terribly under engineered compared with original bushes.
Yes they look the same but once you notice the thinness of the outer shell compared to OEM bush you'll know what i mean.
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts