SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Huge understatement. When the new small-overlap test came out the RAV4 flunked the test. For years afterwards, Toyota cheated the test to make the car pass, despite it still being "Poor."

If you watch the XC60 or XC90 crash test videos and compare them to other manufacturers small overlap, the Volvos push themselves away laterally from the wall as they contact it, but maintain as much forward momentum as possible. This reduces how quickly passengers would experience a change from high speed to stopped. Volvo also protected both driver and passenger sides.
2,500 Americans die each year in small overlap crashes. Volvo identified this problem long before the IIHS did, which is why the old XC90, first built in 2002, passed with flying colors in 2013, as all Volvos did. And it's 2018, and there are still Toyotas doing abysmally on this crash test.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Saw this one tonight. Liked it from a distance but up close the black wheels don't really work with the inscription. If this was a white R-design it would look brilliant. What does everyone think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
What does everyone think?
I agree. I'm not sure if it's the angle of the picture, but those wheels don't quite match the look of the vehicle. Perhaps if they blacked out the chrome bits on the sides and the bumper it would match better.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Spotted George @ Viva this morning making a ‘questionable’ ;) left turn in front of Culver City Volvo. Car has a great stance with those wheels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,747 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Shameless plug for my wife's XC90.

EDIT: Attached, sorry!
Such beauty!

This SPA2016 XC90 was Volvo's best design I tell you.

In many colors, this car looks great. Your wife's against the colourful background is stunning

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
821 Posts
101 - 120 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.