SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt see a pic thread. Saw this beauty in Stafford, Va today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
260 Posts
You know you've been here often enough when you can immediately spot the R Design even looking at that picture unmagnified with your iPhone:)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Link aint workin

·
Registered
689 Posts
I should take a picture when I drop off my daughter at school, there are at least 6 of us in 2016/2017 XC90's and this is just the kindergarten drop off. When I parked for open house last week there were 4 of us right next to each other.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I should take a picture when I drop off my daughter at school, there are at least 6 of us in 2016/2017 XC90's and this is just the kindergarten drop off. When I parked for open house last week there were 4 of us right next to each other.
Good for you :) In my case I'm really looking forward to an opportunity to see another XC90 on the street. There are only 30 XC90s spreading all over Japan so the chance to see one is extremely rare. On the other hand, I am happy as this car is not common yet so all eyes on me :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
XC90 photo thread....Add yours...Let's make this an ongoing thread

I didn't see a photo thread, so I am creating this thread and hoping all the owners can post their XC90 Photos.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts

Take it home tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Wow! They look amazing!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been seeing a ton in Va.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

This guy is just asking for door dings. I park a bit further in our lot at work where there are no cars.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Parked next to a buddy

Also I need a wash

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Well I'll say, autonomous parking sure is crap on these new Volvos.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well I'll say, autonomous parking sure is crap on these new Volvos.
No, this is more "Don't ding my door with your freakin' car!" kind of parking. I already have 2 door dings on mine and only have had it for a little over a month!
BTW, anyone have a good method to take out the door dings from your car? I've tried the heat and upside down compressed air method, and that didn't work. Does anyone have any experience with the hot glue extraction contraption that sells for $10 on Amazon?

·
Super Moderator
3,747 Posts
No, this is more "Don't ding my door with your freakin' car!" kind of parking. I already have 2 door dings on mine and only have had it for a little over a month!
BTW, anyone have a good method to take out the door dings from your car? I've tried the heat and upside down compressed air method, and that didn't work. Does anyone have any experience with the hot glue extraction contraption that sells for $10 on Amazon?
For most door dings, you aren't going to pull em' out yourself. Look into paintless dent repair in your area, they can properly get them out but it usually involves getting to the backside of the panel with the ding. So in a door, they have to remove the parts from the inside of the door to expose the back of the panel. At least, that's how it was about 10 years ago when I had some dings removed from a front fender on an old car I no longer own caused by a shopping cart in a parking lot.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Volvosweden posted this video a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu9r4xDzPy8

As for the parking, I don't like dings either but I thought it looked a bit d!ck-ish. As a word of advice, some people are somehow very offended if they see a nice car parked like that. Not because you're taking up an extra space (which you aren't in this case though) but because they become jealous. I can't translate the term "putsbög" from Swedish, which I've heard more than once, but basically it's saying you're anal about a car and if it's expensive it's adding insult to injury.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Volvosweden posted this video a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu9r4xDzPy8

As for the parking, I don't like dings either but I thought it looked a bit d!ck-ish. As a word of advice, some people are somehow very offended if they see a nice car parked like that. Not because you're taking up an extra space (which you aren't in this case though) but because they become jealous. I can't translate the term "putsbög" from Swedish, which I've heard more than once, but basically it's saying you're anal about a car and if it's expensive it's adding insult to injury.
Agreed. Don't get some idiot a reason to damage your car.

·
Registered
826 Posts
yeah, but there are only two parking spaces (as Schmoyoho noted). I say, good parking job, sir. You can't even trust another volvo driver, and you certainly can't trust another car trying to jam into the empty spot, even though it's not a parking space.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts