1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Seems like the update is rolling out in some areas, but not others. I updated it manually. The big deal for me was that it would take you into whatever application you were last running on start up.

It does nothing to take full advantage of the Sensus screen. There is a new option for HD for larger, wider screens which Sensus in not wide, but long.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been using the new interface for about a week now. It looks cleaner and seems to be a tad more responsive (although that could be placebo). As Flame Red mentioned above, the opening of previous application is a welcome change and there is no change to the aspect ratio in Sensus.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the AA settings option yesterday to enable the new UI and it seems to work now.
The new AA interface is cleaner and I also like the option to switch between the active apps (phone, Waze, etc).

Also see that that the full screen option apparently is indeed only for horizontal screens.
@Volvo, time to let us take full usage of our Sensus screen estate!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
The new interface is great, as one user said I love the quick switching between apps now. One issue I'm having is that I generally use Waze, but for some reason on startup a lot of the time the map no longer updates. It just shows the car on a blank map with no roads. Obviously with no roads it cannot generate a route, so I'm back to Google Maps, which looks prettier but has few driver alerts in my area.

·
Registered
911 Posts
The new interface is great, as one user said I love the quick switching between apps now. One issue I'm having is that I generally use Waze, but for some reason on startup a lot of the time the map no longer updates. It just shows the car on a blank map with no roads. Obviously with no roads it cannot generate a route, so I'm back to Google Maps, which looks prettier but has few driver alerts in my area.
I tried out the new Android Auto and had a similar issue with Waze. I would just run it, without actually putting in a destination address, and it seemed to keep bouncing between tracking where I was, but showing the car pointing in the wrong direction, and going to a general map screen with just a dot that was located somewhere I passed a LONG way back. I'm not sure what was wrong with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts