SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My second row plastic seat seat folding latch release handle broke when I tried to fold the seat forward to let my kids into the third row. See pictures attached. How easy would it be to fix/get it fixed? Any idea if the part is available and what a dealer would charge to replace this?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Out of warranty? If in warranty I'd try claiming it's a defect if it just breaks off in normal use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had the same problem. It looked like the bolt was threaded cockeyed from the factory putting too much strain on the plastic. For my driver side, I ordered p/n 39826799.

I ended up popping that plastic trim off to get better leverage on the assembly in there. It would probably be easier with another set of hands, but I was able to do it myself and 2 screwdrivers. Pull up slightly on the mechanism in there to get it into position (as if you're pulling on the handle if it weren't broken), somehow figure out how to hold it in said position and thread the T20 bolt. That's it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
PN 32248068 is another valid part that matches the broken part in your picture

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had this piece replaced 3 times under warranty...its terrible. I now don't even use it or let anyone touch them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts