SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was getting her 2013 XC60 serviced and looked at a 2016 XC90 and loved it. She would have to have the 300+HP engine and I'm leery of their new 4 cylinder high HP engine. It is new to Volvo as I understand. Any responses would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Personal feeling:

10 more years ago, on the Computer DIY market, there is a CPU called Celeron 300A which can overclock to 450mhz and very comparable to a 3 or more times price PIII 450 on the performance especially on some benchmark software, but when you use it, you can feel the difference significantly, also, after a feel years later, when the software requires more CPU performance, the genuine PIII 450 handles much better than a overclocked Celeron 300a.

I have another Bimmer X5 which has the N55 6 cylinders 3.0T Engine, that's the genuine PIII 450, totally diferent feeling when you press the gas paddle, especially on accelerate, but as far as a Celeron can overclock to 450mhz, the user experience is still good, the only thing different than the above story is we did not get 3 or more times cheaper than a 6 cylinders 3.0t engine.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The engine has more than adequate power for me. And if you read most of the reviews, they echo the same thing....

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Nicest driving car I have owned. And I have had no issue with acceleration whenever I've needed it (passing, etc.). I haven't tried to haul a boat with it, and probably never will...

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
If she wants more HP go for the T8, that's what I'm doing lol

·
Registered
157 Posts
The 2.0l is plenty adequate for this car. If you're looking for a slightly sportier throttle response select Dynamic mode.... otherwise you are fine for 99% of daily driving.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Acceleration is amazing even in the comfort mode. Drive is really smooth. You will love it.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for your responses. Most of the time owners comparisons come from their last car that they owned. She has two T6s and they are/were STRONG. The XC90 is heavier than the S80 and her current XC60 so power is a big question for her. It will be our "road car" so to speak so higher end performance is important. Need I say she has a lead foot and loves to "merge" into traffic. I still question the power of the 4 cylinder over the long hall. I would have felt much better if the T6 was offered with bumped up HP which can be attained easily with software.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts