SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am about to pull the trigger on an xc90 by today possible tomorrow. I am debating over a 2018 T5 Momentum 38k miles 39K or 2019 T6 Momentum 42k at 41.7k. Options are identical though the 2019 has rear heated seats.

I actually prefer T5 engine from the comments from in the forum and wanted to get other member thoughts.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does the T5 have AWD? I had a FWD T5 as a loaner and the torque steer was very noticeable.

Another consideration... you can't permanently disable auto start/stop in the 2018s (you have to turn it off every time you start the vehicle), in the 2019s, it remembers the last setting.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the T5 have AWD? I had a FWD T5 as a loaner and the torque steer was very noticeable.

Another consideration... you can't permanently disable auto start/stop in the 2018s (you have to turn it off every time you start the vehicle), in the 2019s, it remembers the last setting.
Yes it is AWD.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would go 2019, it's a good year. Faster sensus, ability to disable start stop. I much prefer the T6 but that's personal preference.
Oh, didn't know about the ability to disable start and stop. Leaning towards the 2019 T6 now.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
S/S can't be turned off in a 2018, but I don't find it hard to do.
I have set up the individual drive mode with S/S off.
After starting the car, I press the wheel, scroll down and press again.
I don't even have to look at the center screen.
Of course it's easier if turned off permanently, but I wouldn't buy the 2019 just for that.

·
Registered
Fafnir: 2016 Volvo XC90 Inscription, Ember Black
255 Posts
I suppose the other thing when you hit the gas, do you to EVENTUALLY go or GO NOW :)

My Polestar T6 is the joy of my life :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for the input.

Can anyone provide input about extended warranty. The 2019 extended warranty eventually came to a 7/120 (zero deductible) comprehensive but the actually company who is providing the warranty (Guardian I believe?) has some of the worst reviews I have seen with overalls scores around 1.7 out of 5.

The 2018 has 150k warranty also bumper to bumper with zero deductible. And after 150k converts to power train for unlimited miles and $200 deductible

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I drove from NC to MD, then had a friend drive me to PA (10 hour journey) and then another friend drop me off at the Cadillac Dealership and bought the car sight unseen. I signed and started driving and was totally thrown off when the steering made self corrections. There are a ton of features that I need to get familiar with.

Thanks everyone for providing comments and helping me make my decision.

·
Registered
573 Posts
...totally thrown off when the steering made self corrections. There are a ton of features that I need to get familiar with.

Unless you are driving tired, (which you shouldn't), my OPINION, turn off Lane Keep Assist (or whatever it is called) and use "Pilot Assist" when you want.
You can switch from Adaptive Cruise to Pilot Assist Cruise on the fly to try it out.

Reactions: dyun1dyun1

·
Registered
466 Posts
I drove from NC to MD, then had a friend drive me to PA (10 hour journey) and then another friend drop me off at the Cadillac Dealership and bought the car sight unseen. I signed and started driving and was totally thrown off when the steering made self corrections. There are a ton of features that I need to get familiar with.

I've tried Pilot Assist. I think it's a step in the right direction but still too coarse in its corrections. And roadway line maintenance is not nearly consistent enough for the tool to be truly useful. My opinion is it is better to remain in control of the car. That forces me to pay attention and focus on what is ahead and around the car.

Reactions: dyun1dyun1
1 - 20 of 21 Posts