SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!
I'm trying hard to keep up on some repair issues on my 05 XC90 AWD V8 with 130K miles, in order to keep it movin and groovin. Overall very happy with the vehicle!
The front passenger side electric door locks stopped working not too long ago and I want to tackle this issue so that these "little" things dont start to add up.
When using either the key fob or power door lock button, all doors open and close except the front passenger door. Instead I can hear a motor engage for a few seconds, but the door does not lock/unlock. Interesting because none of the other doors make this noise?
I have figured out how to remove the door panel and dust panel, but getting the actuator out looks fairly complicated because of the location as well as numerous mechanical/electrical connections. Has anybody replaced an actuator successfully? Any instructions?
Thank you so much! Just dont want to pay the Volvo labor cost on something I could do myself.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Hi everybody!
I'm trying hard to keep up on some repair issues on my 05 XC90 AWD V8 with 130K miles, in order to keep it movin and groovin. Overall very happy with the vehicle!
The front passenger side electric door locks stopped working not too long ago and I want to tackle this issue so that these "little" things dont start to add up.
When using either the key fob or power door lock button, all doors open and close except the front passenger door. Instead I can hear a motor engage for a few seconds, but the door does not lock/unlock. Interesting because none of the other doors make this noise?
I have figured out how to remove the door panel and dust panel, but getting the actuator out looks fairly complicated because of the location as well as numerous mechanical/electrical connections. Has anybody replaced an actuator successfully? Any instructions?
Thank you so much! Just dont want to pay the Volvo labor cost on something I could do myself.
Welcome back, Paul - jever get that headlight fixed?

Click around on this...

http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/

...until you locate the Volvo Part Number for the door actuator for your XC90 with its exact options (w/deadlock, etc.).

Share that number with us and we will find the part cheap online plus info on replacement procedures.

Thanks.

George Dill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts