SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, just realize on a ascend way, as long as the speed limitation is 35mph, when I driving at 35mph, the engine sound was really wired, like "tu-tu-tu-tu", much louder than usual, but when I accelerate to a higher speed, everything back normal.

so just wondering if this is a transmission logic issue as it should jump back to a lower shift rather than put the engine in a heavy load at current shift?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I occasionally have a similar rattle type sound when ascending at low speeds <30mph, but always ignored it. Thing is I drive a 2011 T6 xc60

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I've noticed it as well, I believe it's the switches signaling the brake lights when the ACC is braking. It's only noticeable when engine and road noise are really low like when breaking at a 30mph.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I noticed the unique sound of my wife's new XC60 a couple of months ago. Now I notice the similar unique sound of my new XC90. If this is the new sound of new E-Drive technology, then that's the way it will be for me. Lots of power, smooth performance with the 8 speed trans, and better milage are worth the "unique sounds." At least it doesn't have the old "diesel rattle."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.