SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally I placed an order for an XC90 in July. A few weeks later or so the dealership realized they made an error in the building of my vehicle by choosing the incorrect white and leaving out adaptive suspension. The original order for me was cancelled and a new one was placed in October. The dealer stated December the vehicle could be delivered. Then February. Volvo USA hasn't been much help either and opened up a ticket to look into the matter but no update as of yet. This morning I heard from another source that Inscription models are slated for April 2016 delivery. Does anyone on here know for certain?

·
Registered
541 Posts
At this point it might be simpler to see what stock dealers have. In my area at least, dealers have been putting on their websites that they have plenty of XC90 stock available for purchase. My dealership has 20+ (not sure how many are already accounted for), while another dealership lists 50+.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's what Volvo USA told me in October... Eta would be mid April if ordered in oct... Luckily I placed mine end of aug...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
On one hand, you got seriously screwed by your dealer. On the other hand, having no air-suspension means less cost and less maintenance. Was it the crystal white you did not like or the basic white?

M

·
Registered
28 Posts
I placed the order at the end of August/September, do not remember the exact date but currently the vehicle is at the Port and I am waiting for the vehicle to arrive at dealership pretty soon. When we ordered we were told by the dealer that they have a fixed allotment of Inscription trim levels (just one left for the dealer when we were going to order but lot of momentums that can be delivered sooner) and if we missed on that one allotment, we may have to wait much longer for the delivery of the vehicle. The time lines they were saying were around February/March.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Originally I placed an order for an XC90 in July. A few weeks later or so the dealership realized they made an error in the building of my vehicle by choosing the incorrect white and leaving out adaptive suspension. The original order for me was cancelled and a new one was placed in October. The dealer stated December the vehicle could be delivered. Then February. Volvo USA hasn't been much help either and opened up a ticket to look into the matter but no update as of yet. This morning I heard from another source that Inscription models are slated for April 2016 delivery. Does anyone on here know for certain?
Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At this point it might be simpler to see what stock dealers have.
i've searched... my build is $67,595 sticker (iirc) so it is hard to find exactly what i want this point.

That's what Volvo USA told me in October... Eta would be mid April if ordered in oct... Luckily I placed mine end of aug...

On one hand, you got seriously screwed by your dealer. On the other hand, having no air-suspension means less cost and less maintenance. Was it the crystal white you did not like or the basic white?
i prefer the driving dynamics of air suspension with a lower vehicle and since we have a place in the mountains which we frequent during snowboarding season we get large amounts of snow overnight... having the air suspension allows us to raise the vehicle and driver over the new snow without having to wait for the plow company to come and do the driveway before we can leave. the metallic white was ordered and i wanted the solid white.

The time lines they were saying were around February/March.
that is in line with the dealer's second guesstimate. i felt december was a bit optimistic.

Sent you a PM.
thank you!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hmm, I placed my order on Oct 17th with the Dealer and they put it in Oct 18th or something like the Volvo System. My dealer told me Jan would be when most likely I would get the car with a confirmed date / timeline from Volvo 10 days from Oct 18th.

I've not heard back yet on the confirmed date though, but he was quite confident it would be Jan as I specifically asked him if it will be March / April before I would get my car.

I figured the manufacturing process would be based on what orders are coming in, why would Inscription models specifically be delayed?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
many factors for throttling production or delay... options or parts specifically for the inscription on backorder/shortage or factory halts production of a model line to pump out lower priced units for unsold dealer inventory etc. factories can only produce so many so and dealers like to take in plain jane or medium build vehicles as inventory instead of fully loaded units because they'll turnover several pj xc90 over one or two full boat xc90 in the same time frame.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ordered on June 30th. Confirmed in October. Was told earlier this week that we are roughly 6 weeks out, and due for delivery of the T8 in the later part of December.

·
Registered
101 Posts
@IC0N0CLAST I just talked to my dealer. He said that any cars ordered in the last 2 weeks - their new dates are now End of March / April 2016. If you've ordered before that, it should be sooner. I just got mine to be Jan 29th and my order was put in Oct 18th ish.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hmm.. it's right on that edge... theoretically based on what my dealer said you should be okay, but I don't know. maybe Grecian has some additional insights he can provide here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts