SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I ordered from my dealer early September and currently have February delivery date. Can anyone look at the order info below and tell me why the delivery is so far out? it has 127 days in the "in status" field. Also can I change the Blond interior to Blond with Charcoal without changing the delivery date?

Thanks any help would be much appreciated...

XC90T6 AWD INSC 614 Ice White UC00 Blond Nappa PPF 127 02/06/16 02/13/16 Y 12/08/15 R
Options XC90T INSCR BWSCD VISON CONPK CLHUD XMMMMM ASUSP

·
Registered
215 Posts
... or why I am over a month in and still don't even have a ETA of any kind whatsoever. T6 Inscription order was placed on 10/9 and we've had crickets since then. Gave the dealership a month before I started calling for status. Dealership has yet to see my car on its reports and calls to Volvo have produced nothing as yet.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The demand for XC90 is much higher (way higher) than Volvo anticipated. They don't have any other factories producing this vehicle except in Sweden. Also, Volvo never expected the Inscription trim to be a big seller but many buyers have opted for that trim and thus the delays. There are way too many orders in queue. I had ordered mine at end of July and did not get a VIN # for the car until 1st week of August. It took just a little over 3 months to get ours delivered to us. At times the features being chosen impacted the delivery date because they were running out of parts. Sometimes making changes to your order can also impact the delivery date. It all depends on where your car is at in production.

I know special ordering can be nerve racking and hard to be patient but it is worth it when you get the car. We are enjoying ours tremendously!

Just keep checking in with your dealer periodically. What I have found is that Volvo has not been very good in informing the dealerships of the status either. We had some issues getting any kind of notification. Supposedly Volvo is going to create a tracking tool where owners can track their cars all the way through. Apparently, buyers in Europe can do this but we in the U.S. cannot at this time. All you can do right now is track the car when it gets shipped once you get the VIN #. Go to this website and enter the VIN in the cargo ID field - http://www.2wglobal.com/. And go this website to track the ship's journey by entering its call sign or ship name - http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:17/centery:25/zoom:2.

·
Registered
178 Posts
In Sweden they recently opened up for MY17 orders. MY16 is sold out. That's how hi the demand is!

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
In Sweden they recently opened up for MY17 orders. MY16 is sold out. That's how hi the demand is!
Big backlog in production though. They probably will not finish MY16 production until next Spring. Then MY17 production can start.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Already taking orders for 2017 MY ??? I guess might only be Europe only not North America...

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Any ideas on why it would take 5 months to produce my XC90?
It does not take that long. However, the global queue with regards to production slot is running at full capacity and there is quite a back log.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Any ideas on why it would take 5 months to produce my XC90?
I ordered mine at the end of July and I am getting it (hopefully) at the end of December. So it will be 5 months too. I think that the standard time to get this car if you order it custom made is four months, which is quite all right for this type of car. In Europe the waiting time for a BMW X5 is 6 months and for an X3 9 months. As they have introduced a third shift to produce the XC90, I do not think they have a backlog in Goteborg. Mine car and your car are taking a months longer because of the intervening holiday periods.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
By backlog I mean current orders is above 65000, but delivery is less than 25000 as of end of last month. So there are more than half waiting in queue to be produced. The queue is the backlog.

The actual time from starting assembling to roll offline is just couple of days, then some testing and shipping...

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I look at the order sheet I got from the dealer showing about 20 cars coming into the dealership, mine has the highest number in days in status. 127 days for mine and the next longest is 48 and most 7 to 15. Is it because one of the options isn't available?

·
Registered
2 Posts
additional holiday delay

When I look at the order sheet I got from the dealer showing about 20 cars coming into the dealership, mine has the highest number in days in status. 127 days for mine and the next longest is 48 and most 7 to 15. Is it because one of the options isn't available?
Here is the response on the custom XC90 I just received from the dealer regarding an additional delay...

"We did receive notice about the shut down of the plants during the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays.., orders may be pushed out further than anticipated.
You maybe be looking at March,, just a little heads up."

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm not sure where the XC-90 is produced, but I'm fairly certain it is not in the US. The US is the only country that celebrates Thanksgiving (aside from Canada, who celebrated it last month).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Being Swedish I can say for sure that we do not celebrate thanksgiving... The plant is definitely closed over Christmas though.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
THE XC90 IS A REALLY HORRIBLE CAR! DON'T BUY IT! AVOID THE T8 IN PARTICULAR! PARTICULARLY IF YOU LIVE IN IRELAND!

There. That's the waiting list sorted out…:D

·
Registered
215 Posts
THE XC90 IS A REALLY HORRIBLE CAR! DON'T BUY IT! AVOID THE T8 IN PARTICULAR! PARTICULARLY IF YOU LIVE IN IRELAND!

There. That's the waiting list sorted out…:D
... a bit like Bill Murray, who lives in Charleston SC (USA), making sure folks know that it is REALLY hot there in the summer and the bugs are HUGE. ;-p

·
Registered
215 Posts
Volvo finally confirmed my order and all is well. Follow up and timeline thus far, in case anyone else gets as nervous as I did. That month+ from order to confirmation just made no sense to me, but there you have it. Aside from that, all is well. When I originally placed the order, the dealer estimated January - so they are right on track right now.

Order placed at dealer: 10/9
Order confirmed by Volvo: 11/17
VIN: not yet
ETA to Port: 1/17
ETA to Dealership: 1/23

Planned Arrival Port: Baltimore, MD

Darrin - My build is at 3.5 months from order date. Here is one thought. My dealership was on allocation from the factory - with strict limits on how many of what trims they can have by when. Basically, I got their first open (unsold) Inscription allocation, which would not be available for arrival until January. I wonder if your dealership is on the same kind of thing, and the preceding allocations for your dealer were already taken. (?)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Volvo finally confirmed my order and all is well. Follow up and timeline thus far, in case anyone else gets as nervous as I did. That month+ from order to confirmation just made no sense to me, but there you have it. Aside from that, all is well. When I originally placed the order, the dealer estimated January - so they are right on track right now.

Order placed at dealer: 10/9
Order confirmed by Volvo: 11/17
VIN: not yet
ETA to Port: 1/17
ETA to Dealership: 1/23

Planned Arrival Port: Baltimore, MD

Darrin - My build is at 3.5 months from order date. Here is one thought. My dealership was on allocation from the factory - with strict limits on how many of what trims they can have by when. Basically, I got their first open (unsold) Inscription allocation, which would not be available for arrival until January. I wonder if your dealership is on the same kind of thing, and the preceding allocations for your dealer were already taken. (?)
Intersting on the allocation... my dealer told me that Volvo is pushing for 80% Momentum and 20% Inscription from a build / sell perspective.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Intersting on the allocation... my dealer told me that Volvo is pushing for 80% Momentum and 20% Inscription from a build / sell perspective.
Interesting indeed, as they already know 60%+ pre-orders are Inscriptions. Maybe not the case for US orders?
But I'd like a R-Design more. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts