SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like feedback on anyone that has the XC90 with vision and no convenience package and
if they regret not adding it. Is it really that useful?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am having a similar dilemma. I ordered an Xc90 and had not included the Convenience Package in my order as I just did not figure that I would use the adaptive cruise much and likely the park assist would never get used. However I am wondering if I should be adding it...or put another way has anybody who never used these features before got them on the Xc90 and found themselves using them all the time now?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the insight...might have to add it in :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
I was in the same boat and almost went with Vision but no Convenience. I actually added it post initial order due in part to feedback on this forum.

- Adaptive Cruise Control is extremely useful so far. I was never a fan of traditional cruise control in the past, but I used the ACC on a road trip this weekend and it is really a revelation.
- Pilot Assist could be useful, particularly if you spend any time in traffic. If the rumored increase in speed limit from 30-80mph takes place this will be another killer feature.
- Lane Keeping Aid is a nice safety feature. I don't find it intrusive or annoying.
- Park Assist Pilot was not a reason I ordered this package, as my parallel parking skills are up to par. Our dealer demoed it for my wife and she likes it so far. I was in the car this evening and was pretty impressed with how it guided her into a tight spot. This is a relatively wide vehicle and it is important to get it as close to the curb as possible.

This package also adds features that should come standard in a vehicle of this price (Front Park Assist, Homelink Garage Opener, Rearview Mirror Compass, etc.). While a bit irksome to have to pay for this kit, once the car is delivered it is just nice to have it.

All in all, given the base price of this vehicle, this packages adds a lot of useful goodies for the $. I don't regret adding it for a second.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I was in the same boat and almost went with Vision but no Convenience. I actually added it post initial order due in part to feedback on this forum.

- Adaptive Cruise Control is extremely useful so far. I was never a fan of traditional cruise control in the past, but I used the ACC on a road trip this weekend and it is really a revelation.
- Pilot Assist could be useful, particularly if you spend any time in traffic. If the rumored increase in speed limit from 30-80mph takes place this will be another killer feature.
- Lane Keeping Aid is a nice safety feature. I don't find it intrusive or annoying.
- Park Assist Pilot was not a reason I ordered this package, as my parallel parking skills are up to par. Our dealer demoed it for my wife and she likes it so far. I was in the car this evening and was pretty impressed with how it guided her into a tight spot. This is a relatively wide vehicle and it is important to get it as close to the curb as possible.

This package also adds features that should come standard in a vehicle of this price (Front Park Assist, Homelink Garage Opener, Rearview Mirror Compass, etc.). While a bit irksome to have to pay for this kit, once the car is delivered it is just nice to have it.

All in all, given the base price of this vehicle, this packages adds a lot of useful goodies for the $. I don't regret adding it for a second.
DITTO. +1 for C-Package.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Adaptive Cruise Control is great for the open road. Have done some long road trips and found it very useful. Especially with some of the drivers changing lanes and slowing down and when there is a lot of trucks on the road you are not on the brakes all the time. Also like when you indicate to overtake that the xc90 picks up the speed to what is set. The HUD is also a treat as you keep your eyes more on the road.
Pilot assist is great in heavy traffic. However here in Chile the road markings are not always the best so can not use it as much. Will be interesting to see if the XC90 get the pilot assist update like the S90. We are supposed to get the driver profiles update when the S90 is released. Although if you read the XC90 manuals we are already supposed to have it.
Park assist. Works well but have not used as much.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
258 Posts
Adaptive cruise control changed my life. Don't leave home without it ;)

Pilot Assist is a fun toy, until it gets better, I would not miss it that much.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Adaptive cruise control changed my life. Don't leave home without it ;)

Pilot Assist is a fun toy, until it gets better, I would not miss it that much.
I am afraid, some people will get a habit to not press brake proactively even when needed. :(

And after buying S90 more people will not be able to drive other cars.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Would like feedback on anyone that has the XC90 with vision and no convenience package and
if they regret not adding it. Is it really that useful?
This was our original option and I can say that we really don't use the convenience package as much as we're using the vision although I should say that we have the convenience package now included with our current car and I can still say that it's not really something that we'll miss if it's not there. You can't go wrong with having the vision package.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I believe it's one of those things that if you don't purchase it you will be kicking yourself and second guessing yourself for a long, long time......bite the bullet and go for it. You will look back and be glad you purchased it.......IMO. (and yes, that's my plan too)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I appreciate the feedback from everyone. I was able to add it to my order and look forward to testing out the Convenience features when my Xc90 arrives :)

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I appreciate the feedback from everyone. I was able to add it to my order and look forward to testing out the Convenience features when my Xc90 arrives :)

Cheers.
Good move. I wouldn't buy another XC90 without ACC. Pilot Assist may get better, but for now, it's not as useful to me (poor lane markings in my area), as the ACC.

Vision, on the other hand, is more gimmicky to me. I would add it, however, not for the cameras, but just to gain the front parking sensors and maybe BLIS (however, I'm still an over-the-shoulder guy).
The XC90 nose is an interesting shape and it's nice to get audible feedback, rather than just guessing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Get it.

Get it.

I use the adaptive cruise every day! The pilot assist is used in the mornings along a daily perpetual 15 minute back up on the way to work with good lane markings and the speed never goes above 30.

Here is a video we did on a long trip this month of the Pilot and adaptive cruise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts