SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

I have the integrated Booster Seat and looking at the Comfort Upholstery Cover for protection. It is the one on the right in the attached screenshot from Volvo.

Does anyone have this? Any comments appreciated

Regards

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
572 Posts
I just ordered one, i have been using the volvo booster on the left in your picture in my other car for awhile. My daughter complains on the xc90 integrated booster that she cannot rest her head on anything now and slips off. Seems like the cover will fix this issue so i have one coming.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ordered one, i have been using the volvo booster on the left in your picture in my other car for awhile. My daughter complains on the xc90 integrated booster that she cannot rest her head on anything now and slips off. Seems like the cover will fix this issue so i have one coming.
Many thanks. Children love to fall asleep while driving. Will order the cover.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Wow...that's kind of expensive isn't it?

You're firstly paying $250 to get the integrated booster cushion built-in, and then another $185 for this cover, which doesn't really match the interior leather of the car or anything and looks like an external part.

For nearly $450, you can get some very high quality 3rd party booster seats from other manufacturers...which you can then move to other positions in the car, move to other cars, take traveling with you and stick in a rental car, etc. etc.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow...that's kind of expensive isn't it?

You're firstly paying $250 to get the integrated booster cushion built-in, and then another $185 for this cover, which doesn't really match the interior leather of the car or anything and looks like an external part.

For nearly $450, you can get some very high quality 3rd party booster seats from other manufacturers...which you can then move to other positions in the car, move to other cars, take traveling with you and stick in a rental car, etc. etc.
For sure but you would still need to cover your leather seats with something that the booster seat would sit on otherwise your leather seats would show some wear and tear after a while.
Luckily enough the built in booster seat comes with all models except the Inscription ( from my understanding). I only need to purchase the booster seat cover.

·
Registered
559 Posts
For sure but you would still need to cover your leather seats with something that the booster seat would sit on otherwise your leather seats would show some wear and tear after a while.
Luckily enough the built in booster seat comes with all models except the Inscription ( from my understanding). I only need to purchase the booster seat cover.

Oh. In North America you have to pay extra for the booster seat option. It's not automatically included in any trim level sold here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i have the cover for my XC60 - a few thoughts:

1)It provides good lateral support without blocking the view for the child
BUT
2)It doesn't really offer head support at least in the XC60 bc the headrest is fixed and so frankly only touches the top of the head, its movable in the 90 so maybe it can be more helpful there. But frankly the headrest cushions are very wide and not very sturdy, I have my doubts if a child can actually stay put on it.

Also after a week the bottom black part ripped on both, so I just cut them off.

I also have a hunch that these were designed to fit the two stage boosters, so worth checking how the back fits on a middle seat w the single stage.

·
Registered
111 Posts
For sleeping, I'd bet the traditional booster on the left will offer more head support

·
Registered
101 Posts
i have the cover for my XC60 - a few thoughts:

1)It provides good lateral support without blocking the view for the child
BUT
2)It doesn't really offer head support at least in the XC60 bc the headrest is fixed and so frankly only touches the top of the head, its movable in the 90 so maybe it can be more helpful there. But frankly the headrest cushions are very wide and not very sturdy, I have my doubts if a child can actually stay put on it.

Also after a week the bottom black part ripped on both, so I just cut them off.

I also have a hunch that these were designed to fit the two stage boosters, so worth checking how the back fits on a middle seat w the single stage.
Thanks for the insights.

I was wondering if I should buy the cover when we get our car. I'm going to wait and see how my child does on the booster before thinking about ordering it.

Are there 3rd party ones that fit on the booster seat?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts