SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to customize the interior materials on an XC90 Inscription? For example, could I replace the wood inlay with the carbon fiber inlay?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Is it possible to customize the interior materials on an XC90 Inscription? For example, could I replace the wood inlay with the carbon fiber inlay?
If you mean is it possible to order an Inscription with different inlays, it really depends what market you are in. In the US, Inscription trim is linear walnut only, but in other markets you can order it with different woods. I think that the Carbon Fiber might be R-Design only in all markets, though.

The trim pieces are available as replacement parts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you mean is it possible to order an Inscription with different inlays, it really depends what market you are in. In the US, Inscription trim is linear walnut only, but in other markets you can order it with different woods. I think that the Carbon Fiber might be R-Design only in all markets, though.

The trim pieces are available as replacement parts.
Yep, I mean is it possible to order with different inlays. The walnut looks a little bit 70s to me, especially over the center "breadbox" area, but I otherwise prefer the look of the Inscription trim. I've just never been a fan of wood inlays in any vehicle.

·
Registered
87 Posts
In the US, Inscription trim is linear walnut only, but in other markets you can order it with different woods. I think that the Carbon Fiber might be R-Design only in all markets, though.
I'm pretty sure you can get an Inscription in the US with the dark flame birch (at least I know that's possible through OSD).

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I have a 2016 XC90 T8 with dark flame birch inlays that match the wood steering wheel - vehicle was purchased through the US OSD program. You could always see if your dealer can place an order using the option codes from the OSD price list.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Yep, I mean is it possible to order with different inlays. The walnut looks a little bit 70s to me, especially over the center "breadbox" area, but I otherwise prefer the look of the Inscription trim. I've just never been a fan of wood inlays in any vehicle.
Have you seen it in person?
I'm with you - most of the Euro wood inlays with the super high gloss finish are off-putting to my tastes. But this walnut is matte finished and looks really great - one of the first things people usually compliment when first in the vehicle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2016 XC90 T8 with dark flame birch inlays that match the wood steering wheel - vehicle was purchased through the US OSD program. You could always see if your dealer can place an order using the option codes from the OSD price list.
I was just taking a look at the pics you posted in another thread (http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?273178-2016-XC90-T8-Inscription). Looks good!

Have you seen it in person?
I'm with you - most of the Euro wood inlays with the super high gloss finish are off-putting to my tastes. But this walnut is matte finished and looks really great - one of the first things people usually compliment when first in the vehicle.
I have seen the walnut in person. Like I said, it looks a little 70s to me. I wish the wood were darker, like it appears to be in most of Volvo's pictures.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
That is not possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts