SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've seen a few older threads about this, but never a definitive write-up on how to proceed with an XC90 headlight adjustment w/ ABL. Has anybody managed to gain access to service manual/VIDA/whatever Volvo uses for this kind of info and look this up? I'm not interested in adjusting it based on gut-feel, and would rather the appropriate procedure. It's easy enough to find flat ground and tape off headlight center horizontal/vertical and then back up 25 feet and adjust to be 2" down and 2" to the right like you'd do on many vehicles (not even sure there's a horizontal adjustment, so that may be fixed, but there is a vertical adjustment possible).

I'd just like to see what the Volvo-specific instructions are. I feel like my lights are on the low end (as many have commented on historically with this vehicle) but I have zero desire to cause any distraction to other drivers, there's enough people with poorly adjusted lights on the road.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go to thread on this I started two years ago: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?485361-How-to-adjust-XC90-LED-headlights

My XC90 has ABL; that function is not interfered with by adjusting the lights higher or lower.

For those who object to "self do" let it be known that I have had a total of one drivers in two years flash at me to indicate my headlights are set too high...or perhaps they flashed for some other reason.

RNB

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to thread on this I started two years ago: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?485361-How-to-adjust-XC90-LED-headlights

My XC90 has ABL; that function is not interfered with by adjusting the lights higher or lower.

For those who object to "self do" let it be known that I have had a total of one drivers in two years flash at me to indicate my headlights are set too high...or perhaps they flashed for some other reason.

RNB
The first sentence of my post was referring to your thread. I understand how to physically adjust the lights, but I wanted to know the actual Volvo-defined procedure. It's easy enough to mark the center of the headlight's height on a wall and back 25' and aim 2" below, but I was looking for the approved adjustment setting/process.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The first sentence of my post was referring to your thread. I understand how to physically adjust the lights, but I wanted to know the actual Volvo-defined procedure. It's easy enough to mark the center of the headlight's height on a wall and back 25' and aim 2" below, but I was looking for the approved adjustment setting/process.
It's in VIDA. But you'll also need the calibration guide, which you'd have to buy somewhere on the internet.

Honestly, much easier to do it by eye. Just be careful to not set them too high.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's in VIDA. But you'll also need the calibration guide, which you'd have to buy somewhere on the internet.

Honestly, much easier to do it by eye. Just be careful to not set them too high.
I figured it was, but I do not have VIDA access. Oh well, two inches low at 25' it is, then.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts