SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
55,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if there is a silk metal version of the newer volvo iron mark grille. Our 2007 XC90 Sport has the silk metal silver trim, where our 2012 R-Design has chrome trim.

Does anyone know of a part number for a silk metal version with the newer, round iron mark?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I emailed Michael at Steingold Volvo. He said if someone can find a vehicle with the silk metal grille and get the VIN, he can supply the grille. He also said, "There are currently 14 options of grilles with very little descriptions about them prior to ordering." So he has as much info as we do about the looks of the grille.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Just got off the phone with Wayne Lyng from Lisle Volvo (great folks!) and gave him my 2008 VIN for comparison. In doing a search, he can see the satin grill for the V8 Sport (PN 30695513) and then 2 versions of the R-Design grill (PN 30733047 for chassis 495001-549676 and PN 3133283 for chassis 549677 and above). He did quite a bit of poking around and without actually seeing one first hand, it's a tough call. My personal suspicion is that finding a combination of the larger IronMark plus the satin outer rim may not exist. I'm taking a stab at suggesting that the satin rim for the Sport V8 models ('07, '08) morphs into an R-Design chrome rim with the small IronMark (2009-2010) followed by an R-Design chrome rim with a large IronMark (2011-). If such a thing exists (satin with large), that would be interesting. Happy to be wrong but this is what it looks like. Double checking on the web for photos of sale cars, not seeing it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Are the surrounds and the "grids" of the grilles separate pieces? Could you swap the satin surround over? Maybe another model has the satin iron mark that could be swapped in?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Are the surrounds and the "grids" of the grilles separate pieces? Could you swap the satin surround over? Maybe another model has the satin iron mark that could be swapped in?
Yes, they can be swapped

·
Registered
848 Posts
So then the issue is really about whether satin "diagonal spars " and iron mark can be found, right?

Seems like there might be a same sized satin iron mark from another model, though the spars may be next to impossible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts