SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Thanks Drew. The main event was a big production for Volvo. On hand, you might have seen the "Hogster", an older Volvo with a little military heritage. I have plenty of pics.

They found it on the internet recently and the build up was very fast. The yellow paint is actually the wash off kind, and it's still in military olive. It was pretty cool.

The XC90 is the real story though. Inside it is quite nice. The nightvision screen pops up out of the dash, just above the driver's pod of gauges.

The SUV itself seems a little longer than a Grand Cherokee, but as you can see in the press photos, the interior is extremely versatile with all three rows of seating folding down (minus the driver's seat).

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
George,

I got to see the entire 'Webcast' on the internet, it was great! It lasted about 25 minutes actually, a really good introduction for Volvo I think.

Did you notice when they finally introducted the XC90, the spokesman said 'X90' instead.
It was neat how they showed the 'Hogster' first and sort of tricked everyone.

But, it is a really great looking vehicle, the BMW X5 folks at Bimmer.org really like it as well.

-Drew

1 - 3 of 3 Posts