SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be doing a basement renovation soon and I am curious if anybody can speak to transporting various large items such as foam board, drywall and 2x4's in the XC90. Where did you put these items, how did that fit, advice & suggestions, issues, etc...

I assume drywall may need to go on the roof, but not sure. If so, does it work on the roof bars? Are the bars flat or bent? Do the bars end up doing damage the heavy/bendable drywall?

Does anybody know how much weight can go on the roof?

Thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the OEM roof rails and they support up to 220lbs. Here is the description from the Volvo accessory page.

High quality load carrier for safe and secure transportation of roof loads.
The aerodynamically shaped wing profile has been optimised to give minimal air resistance and wind noise, which makes the car journey more comfortable.
The load carrier makes it quick and easy to install Volvo's roof boxes, bicycle holder and cradle for sports equipment.
Together with the integrated torque wrench it can be easily adjusted for correct fastening, which gives increased safety and security.
It is easy to install and remove.
Part. No.
Facts and advantages
Attractive Volvo design.
Aerodynamic wing profile with T-track.
Ergonomic adjustment with integrated torque wrench and lock.
Can be installed on vehicles with roof rails.
All Volvo's loading accessories are suitable. However, some loading accessories require T-track adaptation.
Volvo marked.
Lock included (including four keys).
Lock kit can be installed and allows use of the same key for the load carrier and roof load accessory.
"City Crash" tested.1
Technical data
Material:
Aluminum with protective housing in hard wearing plastic
Colour:
Black with aluminum profile
Accessory weight:
6.0 kg (13 lbs)
Load width:
1040 mm (41 in)
Maximum roof load:
100 kg (220 lbs)