SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Merry Christmas :)

Looking for any views on whether the Sensus £3K B&W option is worth it when compared to the standard HIFI, BUT with an added £300 sub-woofer option?

Seems there both H&K base units and key differences were more speakers and the subwoofer.

This is going into a T8 Inscription and the extra's all need to be funded by me :) - It is a company car.

Cheers
Darryn

·
Registered
174 Posts
Darryn,

We absolutely love the B&W sound system in our new Inscription! It not only sounds fantastic, so crisp, clear and thumping base that will truly amaze you! The speaker grills and yellow cones showing through, plus the dash mounted tweeter makes the interior more luxurious IMHO. It's one of my favorite features on the car and everyone we've shown it to loves it! Was a no brainier for me as I truly love my music, I hope this helps somewhat. Good luck!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yes, I think that it is 100% worth it. I have had some vibration issues in door panels but that is minor and something that can be fixed. Other than that it's a heck of a system, in my opinion it's visual appeal is best suited for the white and black Inscription XC90's with amber interior which really makes the stainless steel speaker covers and yellow tweeters pop.

There are several topics on this, look on this page and page 2 and you should see a few.

I will say that this car might tend to be less 'reliable' than others, in that the software is still pretty unstable at this point for a lot of people. So for a 'company car', I would be wary and make sure that you understand that there are risks that come with adopting a vehicle with this much technology this early.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the standard sound system and I have been very pleased with it. I'm not an audiophile but I do enjoy music and I've listened to a wide variety of types at loud volumes and it puts a big smile on my face! I have not had any of the door buzzing/rattling problems that some others have reported. I don't think you can go wrong with either system.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have the standard sound system and I have been very pleased with it. I'm not an audiophile but I do enjoy music and I've listened to a wide variety of types at loud volumes and it puts a big smile on my face! I have not had any of the door buzzing/rattling problems that some others have reported. I don't think you can go wrong with either system.
+1. The standard sound system works for us. I'm an audiophile and reserve funds for expensive equipment in my home theater as that is where I live and not in my car. I also don't spend the day commuting in it so decided to put the funds in more of the safety and convenience options instead.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
+1. The standard sound system works for us. I'm an audiophile and reserve funds for expensive equipment in my home theater as that is where I live and not in my car. I also don't spend the day commuting in it so decided to put the funds in more of the safety and convenience options instead.
+2

I much rather pay for air suspension myself :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
We picked ours up on 11/25 and haven't had the door rattle problem yet, I have cranked it up on the highest level. Maybe they fixed the rattle situation on the later arrivals.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
We picked ours up on 11/25 and haven't had the door rattle problem yet, I have cranked it up on the highest level. Maybe they fixed the rattle situation on the later arrivals.
They, supposedly, were implementing fixes on the assembly line for this months ago. It was getting a repair 'kit' to dealerships that I've heard no updates on.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It is more noticeable at lower volumes, I think it's a frequency thing, some songs it does it, some songs it doesn't

1 - 9 of 9 Posts