SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this problem of a streak on the drivers display? This turned up this morning while driving. Already informed the Service Center of the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Uh-oh. That is not good. Could be 1) Bad connection (less likely - the issue would be not confined to one stripe), 2) Faulty Screen, 3) Faulty board driving the screen.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yep, they will have to replace the whole instrument cluster. There could be a defect in the LCD panel itself.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny enough hours later the line disappeared. Still taking it into the Service Centre for a check and overall feedback. Lets see if it comes back again.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny enough hours later the line disappeared. Still taking it into the Service Centre for a check and overall feedback. Lets see if it comes back again.

·
Registered
283 Posts
That will come back eventually. Make sure that they replace it. And are those scratches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the same line show up and disappear. Its happened at least 4 times. Pretty random but after 2500 miles I am hoping its just a software fluke.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No scratches. Just light reflection and camera

Well the faulty screen line has come back again. Even after the dealer had taken a look at the screen with the recent software update and they said they reset if.

So back in we go and find out when and how long it will take to replace the screen.

I presume that this will not be a minor job.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Swapping out an LCD panel is the definition of a minor job.
Doesn't it depend upon how much of the dash needs to be disassembled to get to it? I have no knowledge either way, but I did look into replacing the heater radiator in the dash of my 740, and while the part was cheap the labor involved to remove the dash was substantial.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Doesn't it depend upon how much of the dash needs to be disassembled to get to it? I have no knowledge either way, but I did look into replacing the heater radiator in the dash of my 740, and while the part was cheap the labor involved to remove the dash was substantial.
Thanks. This first happened in the first week of receiving the car in Nov 2015 and now again.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Typically, a heater core is buried in the dash whereas instrument clusters, especially now that they're just an LCD, are much simpler.

·
Registered
249 Posts
This is one of my biggest fear with these technology laden cars...total reliance on electronics to the nth degree...
given the extremes of heat and cold and punishing roads., it really stresses the cars hardware., and there is no redundancy capability (is there?)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Replacement of the instrument panel is a 5min job. Two or three trim panels, four screws, connector, done.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
This is one of my biggest fear with these technology laden cars...total reliance on electronics to the nth degree...
given the extremes of heat and cold and punishing roads., it really stresses the cars hardware., and there is no redundancy capability (is there?)
I'm not sure there's redundancy for mechanical parts, either, so it's just a different system.
Modern electronics represent the most reliable parts industry has ever invented.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts