SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are awaiting the arrival of our first Volvo XC90 Momemtum + Onyx black, Amber interior, vision/convenience package. It should be at port on 12/30/15 and at the dealer by 1/8/16 according to our sales person. We are planning to keep this car for as long as it will live pretty much so we are looking into the extended warranties? I was wondering if any of the 2016 XC90 owners out there have purchased the extended warranty?,

If so, what type/number of years/miles, etc.?

What is the cost?

Has anyone purchased the wheel/tire/windshield/key replacement protection? Cost?

we were quoted the info below by our dealership for extended warranty:

One that has a $0 deductible when serviced in our dealership, $100 at any other Volvo Dealership or a plan that has a flat $200 deductible Nationwide.

The plans are both for 8 years or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This is our longest term and mileage plan.

The $0/$100 deductible plan is $4,264

The $200 deductible plan is $3,415

Not sure if the pricing is good?

Or is it better to buy extended warranty right before the manufacturer's warranty end?

Thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There are multiple threads on this and from what I recall there are some better prices listed from certain dealers (you can buy the warranty from anywhere). In my opinion, it is worth it, particularly for resale in case one day you want to sell. Even with 6-12 months left on the warranty it provides the next buyer a lot of assurance and you'll make up the cost there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Capla-There are multiple threads on this and from what I recall there are some better prices listed from certain dealers (you can buy the warranty from anywhere). In my opinion, it is worth it, particularly for resale in case one day you want to sell. Even with 6-12 months left on the warranty it provides the next buyer a lot of assurance and you'll make up the cost there.

Thanks for the response. Are you saying I can shop around different Volvo dealerships for better pricing on extended warranty while I'm waiting for delivery of my car in January? Just making sure if I'm understanding rt? I've always bought extended warranties for my cars in the past in the same dealer. I didn't know that was possible just to buy the extended warranty with a different dealer. I'd prefer the manufacturer extended warranty and not 3rd party warranties.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Check this thread:

Extended Warranties
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=260025

Any Volvo dealer can sell it.
I bought the full length $0 deductible warranty and VIP plan. I wanted to buy the plans from my dealer but checked around, got some prices, and got a comparatively good price from my dealer. I would not get this SUV without the plans, and the $0 deductible maintenance and repair is worth it, in my opinion. It means you can take your SUV in at any time, even for a minor problem, without worrying about paying for anything. So 10 individual $200 repairs = $2000 are covered in full as well as a single $2000 repair. The cost of all the regular maintenance will return the cost of the $0 deductible repair/maintenance plan. Check the link above,

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Thanks for the question and the info, I was curious about this myself.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I recently authored this post about my new Black Inscription. Here's what I shared in that thread about the extended warranty I bought through my Volvo dealer during the purchase process...

I'm comfortable sharing what I paid for the extended warranty through my Volvo dealer. I went with a 7yr, 80k mi warranty (so, the mfg warranty plus 3yr, 30k mi) -- and they called it a "Gold" level warranty. $100 deductible. I "supposedly" got it at his cost, or $1,901.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We are awaiting the arrival of our first Volvo XC90 Momemtum + Onyx black, Amber interior, vision/convenience package. It should be at port on 12/30/15 and at the dealer by 1/8/16 according to our sales person. We are planning to keep this car for as long as it will live pretty much so we are looking into the extended warranties? I was wondering if any of the 2016 XC90 owners out there have purchased the extended warranty?,

If so, what type/number of years/miles, etc.?

What is the cost?

Has anyone purchased the wheel/tire/windshield/key replacement protection? Cost?

we were quoted the info below by our dealership for extended warranty:

One that has a $0 deductible when serviced in our dealership, $100 at any other Volvo Dealership or a plan that has a flat $200 deductible Nationwide.

The plans are both for 8 years or 120,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This is our longest term and mileage plan.

The $0/$100 deductible plan is $4,264

The $200 deductible plan is $3,415

Not sure if the pricing is good?

Or is it better to buy extended warranty right before the manufacturer's warranty end?

Thanks again in advance.
Nice color choice, CYB! We've got the same interior and exterior in our Momentum+ and it's sweet looking. I didn't buy an extended warranty when I bought the car so that I could shop around. With a new model, I personally think an extended warranty is a necessity if you want to keep it long term, but I wanted to see what prices people were paying rather than just going with the dealer's first offer. I ended up buying the Volvo exclusionary 8yr/120k with 200 deductible for cheaper than I was originally quoted on a 7 year plan. I followed some of the advice here and contacted Steingold Volvo. Took all of 5 minutes to buy it. You can also get some prices from a few dealers and see if your local dealer will match.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I bought the full length $0 deductible warranty and VIP plan. I wanted to buy the plans from my dealer but checked around, got some prices, and got a comparatively good price from my dealer. I would not get this SUV without the plans, and the $0 deductible maintenance and repair is worth it, in my opinion. It means you can take your SUV in at any time, even for a minor problem, without worrying about paying for anything. So 10 individual $200 repairs = $2000 are covered in full as well as a single $2000 repair. The cost of all the regular maintenance will return the cost of the $0 deductible repair/maintenance plan. Check the link above,
Sorry to ask again, but:
"Do you mind sharing what that plan costs and what is and is not included???"

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sorry to ask again, but:
I would not post the exact cost because things may have changed in the last six months. The most recent details of the plans are available online. I called Steingold Volvo and the way they worked it was if they give you a price you take it then and there or you never get it. So I listened to their quote and did not take it. But I used the information to get a price from my dealer. There is competition so that is the best way to do it, and if you can get two quotes from dealers that is even better. You can buy the coverage from anyone. and I know some people took the quote from Steingold. I believed it was better to get the coverage directly from my dealer because they would be more responsive. That is a matter of personal choice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to ask again, but:
Bought mine from steingold Volvo yesterday. 7years/100000 mile exclusionary plan (bumper to bumper, excludes wear and tear) with $200 deductible for $2195. Worked with Michael Bernardo, great guy! it took 10 minutes total over the phone and he answered my questions too. I had 4400 miles on my XC90 and is 3 months old now. It would be a bit cheaper the newer it is and the more time passes it gets more expensive. Transferable and can be cancelled any time for a prorated refund. Best part is, it is not a third party warranty but through Volvo.

·
Registered
121 Posts
We don't drive our car a ton so I went with a 7 yr/70k warranty. $100 deductible. Had to do some negotiating but it came out below 2k. If sales tax is an issue, get it from a dealer who is out of state...that should help as well.

To me, this purchase was a longer term investment. So, it was worth it to get the peace of mind in the event a big repair comes up. A lot of studies show that extended warranties are not worth it; however, with all the new tech in this car, I wasn't going to roll the dice. $100 deductible is nothing too. Let's say you have 3 "minor" nagging issues on the car...you bring it in one-time to get all 3 repairs done and you only pay $100 bucks. The key is to not bring it in for every little thing.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We don't drive our car a ton so I went with a 7 yr/70k warranty. $100 deductible. Had to do some negotiating but it came out below 2k. If sales tax is an issue, get it from a dealer who is out of state...that should help as well.

To me, this purchase was a longer term investment. So, it was worth it to get the peace of mind in the event a big repair comes up. A lot of studies show that extended warranties are not worth it; however, with all the new tech in this car, I wasn't going to roll the dice. $100 deductible is nothing too. Let's say you have 3 "minor" nagging issues on the car...you bring it in one-time to get all 3 repairs done and you only pay $100 bucks. The key is to not bring it in for every little thing.
I may have posted earlier in this thread (can't remember), but I got a very similar plan at purchase -- 7/yr, 80k with $100 DED for $1,901.

And yes, I did so for the same reasons you mention -- 1st model year and all that tech. Something is bound to go haywire and $100 is all I'm out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Anyone have any numbers on the Wheel & Tire warranty? I'm getting the 21" and picking up the car tomorrow...so any input would be appreciated! I do like the 7/80k w/ $100 deduct for $1900...so hopefully they will get to that price.

Thank you to all the members on this board as it has helped me and everyone else greatly!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Anyone have any numbers on the Wheel & Tire warranty? I'm getting the 21" and picking up the car tomorrow...so any input would be appreciated! I do like the 7/80k w/ $100 deduct for $1900...so hopefully they will get to that price.

Thank you to all the members on this board as it has helped me and everyone else greatly!
I actually started a thread this morning on this subject. One person as already responded.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?270001-Has-anyone-purchased-Volvo-Protection-Plus-plan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all so much for all of your input, very helpful. I've contacted Steingold Volvo, however, Michael Bernardo who I spoke with at the dealership stated he can't provide me a quote until I've bought the car even if I've provided him with our VIN. I spoke to my dealer about possible discount and they responded they're willing to offer a discount, how much? I have not yet determined as I haven't received a callback regarding discounts the dealer is willing to give. We'll keep the forum updated when we get a quote.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice color choice, CYB! We've got the same interior and exterior in our Momentum+ and it's sweet looking. I didn't buy an extended warranty when I bought the car so that I could shop around. With a new model, I personally think an extended warranty is a necessity if you want to keep it long term, but I wanted to see what prices people were paying rather than just going with the dealer's first offer. I ended up buying the Volvo exclusionary 8yr/120k with 200 deductible for cheaper than I was originally quoted on a 7 year plan. I followed some of the advice here and contacted Steingold Volvo. Took all of 5 minutes to buy it. You can also get some prices from a few dealers and see if your local dealer will match.

Thanks! We're excited for January to come. Hoping to receive our car by mid January 11. Love the onyx black and Amber combination. Did you get rubber mats yet? If so, what kind did you get? I know it's off topic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks! We're excited for January to come. Hoping to receive our car by mid January 11. Love the onyx black and Amber combination. Did you get rubber mats yet? If so, what kind did you get? I know it's off topic.
Yeah, ours came with the protection package plus, which includes the Volvo all weather mats. They weren't as heavy duty as I was expecting, but they fit perfectly and seem to offer good protection. No complaints with them so far.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Thank you all so much for all of your input, very helpful. I've contacted Steingold Volvo, however, Michael Bernardo who I spoke with at the dealership stated he can't provide me a quote until I've bought the car even if I've provided him with our VIN. I spoke to my dealer about possible discount and they responded they're willing to offer a discount, how much? I have not yet determined as I haven't received a callback regarding discounts the dealer is willing to give. We'll keep the forum updated when we get a quote.
So if one wished to roll the warranty cost into the monthly payment , that would not be possible thru Steingold for an OSD since the vehicle has to be paid prior to delivery, correct???

·
Registered
218 Posts
So if one wished to roll the warranty cost into the monthly payment , that would not be possible thru Steingold for an OSD since the vehicle has to be paid prior to delivery, correct???

Not unless you arranged/bought the OSD at Steingold.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts