SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
I thought that there was a diagram under the hood, or perhaps the owners manual. Also please post which engine you have so that someone does not assume like I did that you have the same engine as them. On the V8 it was a PITA to get the belt to stay in place, and while I have a general picture in my mind, I do not remember where the accessories are located so I would botch it.

·
Registered
668 Posts
There is no picture under the hood. That was the first place I looked. Unfortunately, I don't have the owner's manual either. It is a 2005 XC90.
What motor T5, T6, V8?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is an inline 5. I found a picture online showing an exploded version of the front of the engine. Now, I have another issue. The rubber hose from the turbo's plastic hose headed to the front of the car is coated with oil. Looks just like a radiator hose but now I have to find a replacement. What other issues should I be looing at? Perhaps a new turbo or is it a gasket?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Sweating oil out of the intercooler hose. You didn't say how many miles but there are lots of posts on Swedespeed for this. Depending on how old it is,you might be wanting to do a PCV service (to include throttle body cleaning). At a minimum have a look at the clamp on the intake of the turbo (air filter to turbo line) and underneath the turbo to see if there is oil seeping. But the oil on the hose is very common and in some circles is considered "normal". See http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?154800-Oil-Leak-on-HOSE-on-05-XC90-AWD-2.5T as one good example.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts