SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 2.0 software upgrade completed and I now see "Polestar" on my dash underneath the P, D, N, R letter. Cool stuff, however, my car does not stay into Polestar mode after I turn the ignition off - I also tried "Individual" mode and it won't stay in that mode either.

I looked through all the settings and there doesn't seem to be a setting that I'm missing? :confused:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is that for 2019 or newer models? I don't see polestar anywhere in my dashboard.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
442 Posts
Is that for 2019 or newer models? I don't see polestar anywhere in my dashboard.

It's an update. If you have P* it should visually change from "Dynamic" to what you see in the images.

Not sure why there's a thumbnail.

To the OP: It will always revert to Comfort. There isn't a setting for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,908 Posts
In USA, it always starts in comfort mode.

Not sure about other countries. Maybe there is one country that doesn't require this for emission numbers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's an update. If you have P* it should visually change from "Dynamic" to what you see in the images.

My dealer did an update in April. So it's an update came after that? Or maybe they lied and actually did nothing. And now I have to pay for an update.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,028 Posts
@jaytang - The newest update came out in May. So chances are you do not have the latest Sensus update on your Vehicle. Also, just for your information, some Vehicles (like mine, for example) show the "Polestar" mode only in the Tachometer and not on the mode selection. My modes still say ECO/COMFORT/DYNAMIC/OFF-ROAD. And I do have the latest Sensus update installed a couple of weeks back. So when I select Dynamic, it's Dynamic on the Sensus screen but Polestar on the tachometer.

@BostonDynasty - That's how it's supposed to be as others have pointed out. It will always revert back to comfort and you manually have to select a mode every time you start your vehicle. It's normal and nothing related to a particular Vehicle or MY.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts

You have a very heavy foot man! 17mpg with a 270 miles range remaining yet fuel is almost full and you have a bigger tank thank my T8!

With my high speed Polestar mode driving (between 140 and 160KM/H) with a full 50L fuel tank, my T8 gives me just over 450Km range.

You must be averaging 180km/h speeds over prolonged distances to have such lower range remaining

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
City driving, most likely.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I'm so used to not using fuel in city driving, I forgot about fuel inefficiencies in that regard

·
Registered
66 Posts
You have a very heavy foot man! 17mpg with a 270 miles range remaining yet fuel is almost full and you have a bigger tank thank my T8!

With my high speed Polestar mode driving (between 140 and 160KM/H) with a full 50L fuel tank, my T8 gives me just over 450Km range.

You must be averaging 180km/h speeds over prolonged distances to have such lower range remaining

My average mpg is about 15. 90%+ city driving. Once I hit the free way for a long trip, the range actually goes up along the way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
@Volvolic thanks for the info. I'll try to get a complimentary update on my next scheduled maintenance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
XC90 does not stay in "Polestar" drive mode - always reverts back to "Comfort" when I start the vehicle

The car automatically reverts back to comfort mode, every time you restart it.
What’s the purpose of this setting if it always reverts back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
What’s the purpose of this setting if it always reverts back?

So you can choose different combinations of drive/display/steering

·
Registered
19 Posts
So you can choose different combinations of drive/display/steering

One might think that a preset might mean this is the setting the car will use when started or since it says Individual Drive mode, why doesn’t it save the setting to the key?

·
Registered
66 Posts
One might think that a preset might mean this is the setting the car will use when started or since it says Individual Drive mode, why doesn’t it save the setting to the key?

I guess it has something to do with mpg rating. Similar to why start/stop cannot be disabled by profile at start.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Seems totally ridiculous to have to do that every time. Never could figure out why that feature had its own knob on the console - now I get it.

You'd think when you create your "Individual" drive mode, it would be saved to your key every time the car is started.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I don't know about everyone else, but I kinda like that I'm going to want to use this very shiny drive mode selector button/wheel that I paid a lot of money for, almost every time I get into my car. It's just one of those Volvo things...

·
Registered
442 Posts

We live in a hilly area with a mixture of city/country commute for school drop off and pickup. About 45 minutes each way. Rarely do I go over 60 mph and the best I've seen is 25 MPG over a 250 mile drive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts