SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about an XC90 after two previous new-gen Volvos. I have noticed that they're selling at MSRP, which is understandable for a new release with pent-up demand. Any ideas on when one might start to see discounting on XC90's? I have noticed the dealer inventory of these is higher than in past months. Our dealer has 5 on the lot, where for months they had one or two.

I would think that if they have five, they're starting to catch up and fill the pre-orders. My assumption is that if they had orders waiting they would fill them out of their allotment rather than order vehicles for inventory that just sit on the lot.

I don't like to pay for options I don't want, and most options bring goose eggs or close to it at resale. So I would probably have to order one. What am I looking at in terms of time to order and get delivery? I was disgusted last year to be told I would wait at least 5 months for a V60 R design, with no guarantee.

If that's the case I might move on to another brand. But the XC90 has most of what we desire in a vehicle and optioned right the price is acceptable.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Try if a dealer has a coming stock that matches your options.
If fresh ordered, looks like at least 3 months waiting time, 4 or 5month could also be possible.
However people are all happy after the waiting ends.

But in general need to pay MSRP. If you see a dealer has XC90 still in the lot after 3 months, then it is time to get some bargain.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
There has already been one price increase with another slated for early next year. You may want to take that into consideration as you wait for a bargain.....

·
Registered
372 Posts
It also depends on where you are seeing the inventory. If it's online or even on their lot, don't assume that it is inventory. The XC90 is in so much demand, most are already spoken for by other buyers. Even if you spot one, it just may be a cancelled order and it will not stay in inventory for long. I don't expect to see any kind of price break until next year. I have never paid MSRP for a vehicle but the XC90 was an exception especially when shopping all of the luxury brands. It is still a good value even at MSRP.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
My dealer would not leave MSRP, but I negotiated some free accessories like the rubber mats, steel cage, rear cargo mats... I also made sure to get a "we owe" documented for a free update to apple CarPlay. Cars now being delivered have an insert saying the November Sensus update is free but CarPlay feature is extra cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just put in our deposit today. We got the Costco $500.00 off. But given its coming from factory - no room for other discounts.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Just put in our deposit today. We got the Costco $500.00 off. But given its coming from factory - no room for other discounts.
Where do you live? I was unable to get Costco discount. We did get $1k in Volvo loyalty discount, but that's it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got 2000 off Mario at red bank Volvo in nj. Used it towards an extra 3 year 50k mile certified Warrantee (1700). Don't know if it was a good decision to buy Warrantee but plan on keeping car for a while.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone living the expat live there is an expat discount program through which I was able to apply even in the US where I didn't get any other discount program I would be eligible for to be applied i.e. Fleet discount...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,683 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
@Tibits, I live in the Seattle Area. I called them up with the Costco auto program thing and they said it was $500...

·
Registered
73 Posts
None of my local dealers are discounting in my area, but I found a $1000 discount in another area through a family friend who knows an owner of a dealer. My local dealers are actually downright cocky, which is funny considering Volvo has historically been a second tier luxury brand. I guess having a vehicle that's compelling enough to get BMW and Mercedes owners to consider Volvo has created a bit a cockyness.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'm in the Philly burbs and all the dealerships here have about 10 each. Lots to choose from
I live in wayne, PA and I haven't seen a lot of stock. My local dealer only had a demo, West chester had a handful. Autotrader only shows 5 total vehicles within 25 miles and only 30 in 100 miles. The dealer stock that does exist is always disappointing, usually stripped down or fully loaded, nothing in between.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Check out the local Volvo websites each. I agree so many are bare bones models or fairly heavily equipped. I guess they are trying to reach customers that are willing to take the plunge on a reasonable budget?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts