SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ordered our XC90 Inscription in October. We were given a January delivery date. Now that January is here the delivery date has been pushed to "May 27, give or take a week or so." So maybe in June our dealer might let me know the car has arrived.

Anyone have some insight on what's going on? My dealer suspects it's a problem with a third party supplier.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Wow that sucks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Ordered our XC90 Inscription in October. We were given a January delivery date. Now that January is here the delivery date has been pushed to "May 27, give or take a week or so." So maybe in June our dealer might let me know the car has arrived.

Anyone have some insight on what's going on? My dealer suspects it's a problem with a third party supplier.
Where are you located? I also ordered my car in October and it hit port on 1/9. Should be at the dealer next week.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Where are you located?
Also what did you order? If a T8, I'm not surprised, it's been reported they've sold far more, far faster than Volvo expected.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Wow, that totally sucks. Sorry :( As a point of reference, we placed our deposit (for our lease) on Christmas Eve, and are expecting the car to arrive in May/June. It's interesting how up until about Oct, people were getting their cars in about 3 months, but now it's like 5-6 months.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also what did you order? If a T8, I'm not surprised, it's been reported they've sold far more, far faster than Volvo expected.
I'm in Raleigh NC.

It's an T6 Inscription
Onyx Black
21" wheels
Amber
Climate
Convenience
Vision
Black headliner
Decor frames

Even called Volvo NA. They said I can't get a car any quicker but at least were able to convince my dealer to return my deposit if I want.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I don't quite understand, Han_Solo, I was at Cary Volvo yesterday, they had a few XC90's in the lot. May be not exactly what you want. Did you order from Cary or Weaver? Weaver Bros also owns Cary Volvo. May be you can check with Burlington Volvo.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I'm thinking something isn't adding up.....what was the explanation???

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Here's a really similar car with upgrade to sound system and lack of black headliner available today.

If you're not doing OSD, I think there's no reason to order, find one that's pretty close and go for it now.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here's a really similar car with upgrade to sound system and lack of black headliner available today.

If you're not doing OSD, I think there's no reason to order, find one that's pretty close and go for it now.
Yeah my thought exactly! start looking at any and all dealerships within a few hundred miles of you, I'm sure you can find almost exactly what you want in stock at a dealership. I would way rather make the drive then wait 3 or 4 more months.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Yeah my thought exactly! start looking at any and all dealerships within a few hundred miles of you, I'm sure you can find almost exactly what you want in stock at a dealership. I would way rather make the drive then wait 3 or 4 more months.
Or the OP should consider OSD in summer!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
As others have noted, something isn't adding up. There are similar cars sitting on lots unsold right now. And another poster who ordered custom the same month has theirs at port. May is a very large delay.

If I truly was looking at a May delivery at the earliest, I would just tell them I want to be first in line whenever the first MY2017's are delivered, probably very soon after that.

·
Registered
138 Posts

I agree with this -- mainly because it's exactly what I did in early Dec at my local dealer. I was driving my new Inscription Dec 15. Having said that, I do understand the desire to build exactly what you want and not sacrifice on any specs. The problem is in the waiting. I didn't have the patience, so I didn't get exactly the spec I would have ordered. Fortunately, I have no regrets with my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
478 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say that your dealer didn't have an order allocation slot available, or otherwise messed up your order, and has been blowing smoke up your tailpipe.

I ordered a T8 in November, with an expected March delivery. The only thing that may delay that is more extensive California Air Resources Board testing, for which you can blame VW.

·
Registered
215 Posts

We are in Raleigh too, and put in an order with Weaver Brothers toward the end of October. It is a T6 Inscription with just about everything. Our car is on the Wallenius "Carmen," which is currently docked in Halifax on her way to us for EO January delivery. I am a little nonplussed to see that we ordered at about the same time and had close to the same schedule, from what must be the same owners if not the same dealership, but that the practical outcome is so different.

We did have some initial communication problems with WB - but they got sorted by Andy Weaver at the end of November and communication has been great since then. I did ride them pretty hard to SHOW me screen captures of the order and ETAs when they had them so I could verify configuration and see for myself that nothing got crossed up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We are in Raleigh too, and put in an order with Weaver Brothers toward the end of October. It is a T6 Inscription with just about everything. Our car is on the Wallenius "Carmen," which is currently docked in Halifax on her way to us for EO January delivery. I am a little nonplussed to see that we ordered at about the same time and had close to the same schedule, from what must be the same owners if not the same dealership, but that the practical outcome is so different.

We did have some initial communication problems with WB - but they got sorted by Andy Weaver at the end of November and communication has been great since then. I did ride them pretty hard to SHOW me screen captures of the order and ETAs when they had them so I could verify configuration and see for myself that nothing got crossed up.

Yes the order was placed with WB in Raleigh. The service I have received from the sales team is very poor. I have never been contacted by the sales team, even after they promise to do so. I have to call repeatedly for any updates. When I called in to learn of the May delivery I stated that I needed my deposit returned so I could purchase elsewhere. They refused, multiple times. I had to involve Volvo NA.

I've looked but haven't been able to locate a nearby vehicle with the options we want.

Another ding, Weaver did have a nearly identical XC90 coming in, promised me first option on the car if we wanted it. Promised to call when it arrived so we could see it first day. They never called. When I contacted them they told me I couldn't get the car because now it was their new demo vehicle.

When we put our deposit down in October I should have ensured the order was placed like you were able to. I just assumed they would follow through.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Han. you should take a drive and visit Cary Volvo. I don't know why I thought I saw a black XC90. I don't know what options it has.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Han_Solo's situation now has me worried. I also put down a deposit at the end of October that should have been put in as an order when my dealer's allocation came available again at the beginning of November (or so I was told). I say should have because all I have is the hand written order agreement from placing my deposit. I was able to get them to provide my FYON to me mid December, but anytime I've asked for actual screenshots or other order details I get the answer that Volvo provides little information to them so there is nothing to share. At this point I'm not even getting an estimated arrival timeframe. I'm trying to be patient but I've already secured financing which expires soon and I'm racking up miles on my trade in which I'm sure will be a fight when they reevaluate its value at delivery. Just trying to plan as best I can.

If anyone has suggestions on what exactly to be asking the dealer for, how to get them to provide whatever details are available, or how best to escalate to VCNA I'd appreciate it.

I'm located in NE OH if that helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts

What type of deal did you get in October?
do you have any type of tracking of your order from your Dealer?
The demand is so great for the new XC90, that your Dealer may have sold your car to someone else?
Get your money and find another Dealer, verify that in fact they place an order and get some paper to verify.-Richard

1 - 20 of 37 Posts