SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to collect some impressions on the XC90 D5 engine. I have tested and I liked it. Most review are very positive, referring to the high torque at low revs and the good power. However, my testing did not last long and the reviews are not often so reliable. It would be good to have some input from those of you who had real experiences with this engine. The engine is brand new and there is very little (nothing apart from Volvo's own specifications) on the internet in terms of technical descriptions. The engine is not even listed in the wikipedia page about Volvo engines (the last one there is the D5 5 cylinders).

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm driving a D5 since July and I am very happy. I had a XC60 with the 5 cylinders D5 before and this new motor is actually better in term of fuel usage and very similar in power (can even be better if I switch to performance mode)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Like a friends' diesel Porsche very much on he just need to go to the pump every month not every week, but unfortunately, Volvo does not offer d5 in us;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts