SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planing to change the battery on my XC90 2016 D5 with an Exide EK950. Is it a straight forward process? just remove the old one and put the new one? or does this needs to be done at a dealership as it might require to plug the car to VIDA?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
1. When removing old battery remove key from ignition first.
2. Wait few minutes please
3. Remove old battery first negative cable than positive
4. Clean nice under old battery and place like me nice soft silicon plate if you wish...
5. Now first put your key in position II. And than place + positive cable on new battery and than - negative.
6. Restart engine adjust time...

Remember when you are putting positive cable push it on battery fix it and tight good. Dont shake it or dance with cable...Spray a little wd40 on both contact terminals.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Hong Kong, thanks for your reply. as the car is keyless, should everything be switched off? what about the auxiliar battery ( the one by the engine), do i have to disconnect it?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
@Hong Kong posted the sequence for a non-SPA XC90, like the one he has.

The sequence for an SPA XC90 is different. From what I heard, you will need to take it to the dealer so they can enter the battery parameters through VIDA.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Yes for older xc90. If you need to go to dealer for simple battery change this is organised cheatings. Same as Iphone made new batteries to not possible to change it. Stealer services.

Sadly or not they lost a lot of customers regarding reliability of new Volvos.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
491 Posts
I would change both batteries and then pay the dealer to sync/reset them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts