Planing to change the battery on my XC90 2016 D5 with an Exide EK950. Is it a straight forward process? just remove the old one and put the new one? or does this needs to be done at a dealership as it might require to plug the car to VIDA?
1. When removing old battery remove key from ignition first.
2. Wait few minutes please
3. Remove old battery first negative cable than positive
4. Clean nice under old battery and place like me nice soft silicon plate if you wish...
5. Now first put your key in position II. And than place + positive cable on new battery and than - negative.
6. Restart engine adjust time...
Remember when you are putting positive cable push it on battery fix it and tight good. Dont shake it or dance with cable...Spray a little wd40 on both contact terminals.