SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends,

I have the problem in my 2017 XC90 D5 and having this '' Power Steering assistance temporarily reduced'' pop up during start stop is engaging.. Sometimes also message came up with this and says '' Parking assistance temporarily reduced '' . Dealer replaced auxiliary and main battery and also updated every software in the car and they couldn't solve the problem since a month. My car is in the dealer since January and ım bored about this problem and getting crazy. Has anyone solved the issue in other ways?

Any comments and helps will be appreciated..

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi friends,

I have the problem in my 2017 XC90 D5 and having this '' Power Steering assistance temporarily reduced'' pop up during start stop is engaging.. Sometimes also message came up with this and says '' Parking assistance temporarily reduced '' . Dealer replaced auxiliary and main battery and also updated every software in the car and they couldn't solve the problem since a month. My car is in the dealer since January and ım bored about this problem and getting crazy. Has anyone solved the issue in other ways?

Any comments and helps will be appreciated..

Thanks.
6 weeks ago I started getting the start/stop service needed message each time I started the car and drove maybe 20 yards. Occasionally, just as I left a red light or stop sign, I'd get a Power steering assistance temporarily unavailable message - but not each time I left a stop sign or red light. My husband has checked the voltage on the auxiliary battery under the hood and the main battery in the rear of the car. Voltages in both are good - over 12 volts. BUT, the stop/start service needed message is still coming up. Any ideas????

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
6 weeks ago I started getting the start/stop service needed message each time I started the car and drove maybe 20 yards. Occasionally, just as I left a red light or stop sign, I'd get a Power steering assistance temporarily unavailable message - but not each time I left a stop sign or red light. My husband has checked the voltage on the auxiliary battery under the hood and the main battery in the rear of the car. Voltages in both are good - over 12 volts. BUT, the stop/start service needed message is still coming up. Any ideas????
I guess your problem could be about Auxiliary battery, Changing the battery can help you maybe. My car voltage is also okay and both batteries are changed. But the problem is still sign in my every day driving and its really boring.. Since long time I'm waiting for Volvo dealer reply if there will be another progress could be done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts