SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Just took delivery of my 2016 Inscription, how can I add a CD player to it?
We probably won't use it, but I would like to have one just in case.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I chose not to wait and picked the vehicle that had most of the options minus the B&w

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
I did the same... I've not owned, touched or seen a CD / DVD / blue ray in the last several years! iPhone / appletv / Netflix do it all easier and better imo

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I wish I could sell you mine. It came with the car. I haven't even tested it let alone used it and likely never will. Would love to recover the storage space...

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I wish I could sell you mine. It came with the car. I haven't even tested it let alone used it and likely never will. Would love to recover the storage space...
Let me know

Same here, I never used mine nor plan on using it. That being said, it is not easily removed nor easily just plugged into someone else's vehicle. I asked Volvo this because I wanted it out to make for more space in the center console...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Exactly -- if I had the technical ability to take it out and sell it I would in a heartbeat. I think I am stuck with it.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes. Please someone take mine! Without voiding any warranty of course :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
One of the reasons I did not choose the B&W system. Did not want this thing called a CD player? What is it anyway and what does it do? ;) Besides, didn't want to lose the storage space either. They really should have had an option where you can select the B&W system w/ or w/o CD and thereby lowering the price if you opt not for the CD.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
I chose not to wait and picked the vehicle that had most of the options minus the B&w

The CD player can only be combined with the B&W system.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The CD player can only be combined with the B&W system.
May be in the US. Not in Europe. I was asked by the dealer if I wanted to add it as an option even if I do not have B&W, but I said no as I am not going to use it and I want the storage space. I have added DAB radio as in certain European countries many stations have gone DAB. Does anybody know if this technology has a future?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I understand that CD players seem like an antiquated technology to a lot of you. I also understand the desire to have more storage space. However, the sound quality from a CD is going to be much better than that of streamed music from an iPhone/iPod. If anyone knows how to improve the quality of music from one of those devices, I would love to know it. I paid for the B&W system before Volvo added the CD player to it. I wish I could add the CD player now, but I have been told I cannot. Considering the B&W system supposedly has 1400 watts, I have been disappointed in the maximum volume level of music from my iPhone 6 (and yes, the volume on the iPhone is all the way up). I am not starting a war. I LOVE my XC90. I just wish I had the option to play a CD if I wanted.

On a separate note - are there any audiophiles out there who have come up with the "best" adjustments for the B&W settings?

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I want a 78 rpm record player, for shellac records only of course. None of those new-fangled vinyl discs! Or better still, a string quartet in the back, There are seven seats after all.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I understand that CD players seem like an antiquated technology to a lot of you. I also understand the desire to have more storage space. However, the sound quality from a CD is going to be much better than that of streamed music from an iPhone/iPod. If anyone knows how to improve the quality of music from one of those devices, I would love to know it.
Source files would be more important, especially if you intend to directly connect your device. The most popular file type is FLAC, and is just as good as those which are found on CDs. You could download these online, or rip your own if desired.

On a separate note - are there any audiophiles out there who have come up with the "best" adjustments for the B&W settings?
If you don't have any hearing faults, you should leave it on the default. Flat EQs preserve artist intent. The rest has already been fine-tuned to the cabin.

·
Registered
58 Posts
B
Greetings,

Just took delivery of my 2016 Inscription, how can I add a CD player to it?
We probably won't use it, but I would like to have one just in case.

Thanks
Copy your favorite cd's to a usb drive and use that. You can have your entire music library available
Without losing space occupied by thc cd player; and without worries over shuffling discs or
Heat warpage.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings, all. First-time poster here - but avid reader since I placed my order in May. After now owning the car for about a month, I too have become curious if others are tweaking their B&W audio settings. I was pleasantly surprised to have the CD player with my package (at the time I ordered, I was told it would not be included). IMO, the sound of this system is quite impressive, particularly from the CD player. A few CDs in particular sound absolutely stunning (and I'm more of a vinyl guy). I also use a Fiio X3 digital audio player running through the Aux Input, which contains my hi-res downloads. Also fantastic sounding.

Regardless of the input (Cd, Aux, iPod), I have found the bass to be sometimes a bit 'boomy', depending on the music. Personally, I tweak the bass setting down a notch or two, which I have found to generally deliver the most pleasant and punchy sound, at least to my ears. I tried many variations of the more detailed EQ settings, but could never land on anything better than a simple tweak down of the bass setting.

Anyone else doing anything special on their settings?

·
Registered
22 Posts
There won't be a general recommendation on how to set base, mids, heights, as the hearing is different and very individual for each person. One might have hearing difficulties with higher frequencies next one base... Everyone's hearing profile is unique and therefor would set and hear settings differently...

1 - 20 of 105 Posts