SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having weird electrical issues? When I turn on the left blinker the done light and drivers door open light flash. The drivers window and folding mirror stop working today. Any ideas or thoughts?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
it isn't a battery issue. Two of us had the same problem the same weekend. look for the thread I started. it isn't the actuator, so save yourself $150+ and don't order one. Don't take the door panel off either. it is the lowest inside (outside of the car) black wire going from the A pilar to the door. Use a screwdriver to pop off the connector at the door. Then, if you need more wire to work with, take off the interior panel by the parking brake and feed the wire out.

Then look at the post on the other Volvo site that is linked in my thread. That has a good write up. Also look at the posts about getting the connector off. There are somep pictures that will help. I butchered the connector on our XC90, but it works now. You will need to crimp on a new male connector. That's where you have to get creative. while I butchered mine, I have a snug fit. it doesn't look as pretty as I would like it to look, but I'm hoping nobody will ever see it before the car goes to the crusher. The only way someone will see it is if the crimp comes loose.

Here are links to the two threads. Compare your symptoms to mine, and add if you have any other symptoms so it will be easier for the next person who uses the search to find the answer.
Today she who must be obeyed told me there is something wrong with her door. Here are the symptoms.

When the car is on:
  • Drivers door open alert coming on. If it stops, it goes on again when I signal left. Doesn't do it when signaling right.
  • Clicking in drivers door when closed, but unlocked. It stops when I push the button down.
  • When drivers door is closed and not locked the signal light outside the door and the window switch panel dimly flicker in time to above mentioned click.
  • Drivers window wont go down, other three will. Lock function works
  • Drivers mirror wont fold. Passenger mirror folds fine when button on console is pushed

When the car is off:
  • If unlocked the signal light and window switch flickers. It stops when I lock the car. I didn't listen for clicking
  • Drivers window wont go down, other three will. Lock function works
  • I didn't try the mirror
  • I had the drivers door open. When I pulled the lock up the clicking and flickering started. When I pushed it down just enough so that I cant open the door when I close it (locks) the clicking stops. Pull it up and the clicking starts.

the drivers lock button goes up much slower than the other three

I'm thinking actuator. Any thoughts/confirmation before I start throwing parts at the car. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the local South Denver Volvo dealer gouges customers on parts with a 20%+ premium over list, so everything will be ordered on line below list. She can use my S80 and I'll use the Astra while I wait for parts. I just don't want to order more than I need.

Thanks, and happy new year.
So I have the left blinker/driver door open issue due to a broken wire. It's the back wire right at the harness that clips to the door. Needs to remove the remnants of the wire and the pin. Any help on how to get the pin to release?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Take your pic w/you ( or send the pic to a cell phone at the dealership ) to a Volvo dealer and get a new terminal. Ask them for advice on terminal removal procedure . This wire broke because of opening & closing the door .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts