SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the Volvo cars but ill be a long time customer! I have an XC90 with the air suspension and its probably one of the best SUVs I've driven.
I notice that my back suspension deflates and compresses back up after a few hours in my garage. Is this a normal function of the air suspension?
I've seen it happen in person while being in my garage and on camera that we have in the garage. Do I have a leak somewhere?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the Volvo cars but ill be a long time customer! I have an XC90 with the air suspension and its probably one of the best SUVs I've driven.
I notice that my back suspension deflates and compresses back up after a few hours in my garage. Is this a normal function of the air suspension?
I've seen it happen in person while being in my garage and on camera that we have in the garage. Do I have a leak somewhere?
How low? Entry/Exit low... or just a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Our MY2019 doesn't change level when off.

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Do you have the option selected to lower the car when you turn it off??
Do you folks read?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Guys,

So I have only seen the rear suspension lower. The car will lower down to the lowest setting in the rear suspension or that the button in the rear trunk will allow.
Took it to the dealer regarding this and they told me that its normal for the car to adjust the suspension when parked. It may be caused by moisture in the lines or compressor. What do you guys think about this?

I do have the convenience setting on so that my car lowers down when turned off for easy entry and exit.

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Hey Guys,

So I have only seen the rear suspension lower. The car will lower down to the lowest setting in the rear suspension or that the button in the rear trunk will allow.
Took it to the dealer regarding this and they told me that its normal for the car to adjust the suspension when parked. It may be caused by moisture in the lines or compressor. What do you guys think about this?

I do have the convenience setting on so that my car lowers down when turned off for easy entry and exit.
I don't think moisture would cause long delay of lowering. I have easy entry/egress and it always starts lowering down when I parked before doors are closed, pause when I open door, and continue lowering down after doors are all closed. Call customer support and see if they could open a case.

·
Registered
33 Posts
May be the cause/intended behavior. Try turning it off, and check if the issue/behavior is still there.

·
Registered
426 Posts
According to the internal docs "when in Abandon Mode, all 3 hours, up to 9 hours, the Suspension Module (SUM) will check that the car is level and adjust accordingly". So it may well be that your car in the garage "moves" a bit, especially if the garage floor is not exactly level. The main goal of the system is to avoid having the front higher than the rear (resulting in front lights shooting upwards), for that the car uses height sensors, one per axis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts