SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope to buy a 2008 V* XC90 with the executive package - unfortunately this includes the 19" wheels. Perhaps my opinion will change but I dont think the 19" wheels are superior to 18's - ride deteriorates and tire choices are limited. So I may eBay the 19" Galatica and find some OEM 18's. For those with the 19's - what is the best tire for ride quality and quiet sound. I like Michelin Cross Terrains on our current SUV's - but I dont see these in 19". And I will probably run dedicated winter tires - so snow ide traction is not a major concern. Thoughts? <br>Thanks! <br>

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Re: XC90 19" Wheel Tire Question (JTC)

I have a '08 XC90 Executive and the 19" wheel/tire combo is much, much, much smoother and comfortable than the 17" Neptunes that I've had on my two previous XC90's.<p>Barry Schurr also has one and would probably concur.<p>As a matter of fact, the 2009 R-Design with 20" rims rides great on DC roads as well.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Re: XC90 19" Wheel Tire Question (njb8199)

The tire choices in 19" suck completely. I've been very happy with my 18X8 wheel and Nitto 420S combination. IMO the 19's and 20's aren't worth the premium price.

·
Registered
416 Posts
The Pirelli Scorpions on my Sport will be toast shortly (currently about to cross 16k). I think I will replace them with a set of Bridgestone Duelers.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: XC90 19" Wheel Tire Question (njb8199)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>njb8199</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have a '08 XC90 Executive and the 19" wheel/tire combo is much, much, much smoother and comfortable than the 17" Neptunes that I've had on my two previous XC90's.<p>Barry Schurr also has one and would probably concur.<p>As a matter of fact, the 2009 R-Design with 20" rims rides great on DC roads as well.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>Indeed Nick, I do concur however, my 07 XC90 had 18s so I never really had the comparison from 17" diameter. Overall, just having the V8 in the XC90 makes a world of difference & drivability is further enhanced by larger diameter rims. (but, dont tell that to my MGB because she has diameter envy)

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Re: XC90 19" Wheel Tire Question (bschurr)

Almost no choices for the 20" on the R Design. I have been looking around. Pirelli Scorpions are the stock tire.<p>Edit" Tire rack says these would fit, Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar (Max Performance Summer) <br>for 2009 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD R-Design. Something tells me they will not have the load rating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: XC90 19" Wheel Tire Question (dave_n_ruth)

Just put 20" black wheels and 265 Toyo Proxes SRT II on my 06 V8.<p>It sits a further 1.5 inches higher, ride is same. Takes a bit more to get rolling now and stop. I foresee using a bit more gas and brake pads.<p>This compares to the 06 Executive version that i just saw at a local dealer. It has 20's with the 265 Perilli Scorpions on it. Same rotors and calipers. Wheels looked more aluminum so may be a bit lighter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts