SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now before you tell me it will ride like crap or something along those lines, hear me out...

I have from what I have read on these forums and others, an unusually spec'd XC70, I own a 2006 XC70 with the 4C suspension along with DSTC.

This is where my question comes in...

Seeing as I would have to keep the 4C system intact or trick it with resistors, I prefer to keep it. So will a S06R AWD 4C strut assembly bolt into my car and still work with my 4C?

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
170 Posts
V70R will bolt right in but you need to swap the lower control arms. S60r might be too soft in the back...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
You'll want a bunch of bits off the S/R. Front struts, front lower control arms, front axles, front inner and outer tie rods, possibly rear lower control arms (never did verify) and springs.

Axles, front control arms and the tie rods are all longer on an XC to compensate for more droop angle on a moderately taller stock suspension.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
VR and SR struts are identical. Like Adam.Nonis said you need basically the entire front suspension.

·
Registered
6,585 Posts
I've seen a few different XCs just installing S60 AWD springs, can I get away with this on the 4C struts?
Yeah you need R springs. They're different than normal springs because of 4C.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts