SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a SPA Chinese built 2018 XC60 loaner recently - had a fancy audio tailoring function using the center tablet, but I felt the sound was deficient compared to the XC70 base stereo.

Specifically I thought the sound was somewhat dry (lacking depth), bass not as deep. I think the bass speakers might be smaller.

Upon returning to the XC70 the sound was extremely satisfying, deep bass, great soundstage and depth.

I was disappointed that the new generation vehicle sound system was not, to me, as good as the older one.

Anyone else notice a difference?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Do you think the build location affects the overall sound? Which stereo system did it have? Bowers and Wilkins, HarmonKardon or just the base system?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Do car speakers have a burn in time, time it takes before they sound as they should? A friends' factory new car with premium sound sounded pretty dry and bad when the car was new. Maybe tweaking the EQ also helped but today I think it sounds better than the Dynaudio stereo in my car.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I noted built in China because it is interesting to note - I did not notice stereo system brand, but it could have been the Harman Kardon - not the B&W

1 - 4 of 4 Posts