SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we're looking (from afar) at a 2016 XC70 CPO at Volvo Palo Alto, CA and the internet sales person can't provide any service history beyond that which is available on CARFAX... in other words, basically nothing.

Here's a link to the car: https://www.volvopaloalto.com/certified/Volvo/2016-Volvo-XC70-palo-alto-ca-98cafb460a0e0aea5f8455c861f0148e.htm

If you click on the CARFAX logo and scroll down to the detailed history, you'll see that there are no recorded services other than 2 PDIs, one at 10 miles and the other at 32,792. Needless to say, this makes me pretty nervous. Any thoughts from dealer folks here? Can't dealer personnel look up service records by VIN?

And if anyone in the south bay area is available to take a look at the car, we'd be appreciative. We'd hate to drive over 660 miles to check out an overpriced turkey.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Dealers can only access service history for work performed under warranty (unless the work was performed at their store- then they can see all history).

Carfax sucks.

Here is what I can see:

10k service was done at 10,510 miles on 10/24/2016.
During the 10k, the right front door hinge was tightened and the driver's front floor mat hold down post was replaced.
20k service was done at 20,606 miles on 1/12/2018
30k service was done at 27,881 miles on 12/27/2018
During the 30k, they did a DDM reload. The customer was complaining of the driver's side BLIS light flashing a lot. No codes were found, the problem was not duplicated but they did a DDM reload.
On 6/18/19 at 32,789 miles, the shift knob was replaced due to cracking

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealers can only access service history for work performed under warranty (unless the work was performed at their store- then they can see all history).
Thanks Tech. Should we purchase, it would be nice to have all the records. Were you able to see where the services were performed?

Carfax sucks.
No question! It's a shame that some dealers rely on it instead of simply looking up the info as you did.

Here is what I can see:

10k service was done at 10,510 miles on 10/24/2016.
During the 10k, the right front door hinge was tightened and the driver's front floor mat hold down post was replaced.
20k service was done at 20,606 miles on 1/12/2018
30k service was done at 27,881 miles on 12/27/2018
During the 30k, they did a DDM reload. The customer was complaining of the driver's side BLIS light flashing a lot. No codes were found, the problem was not duplicated but they did a DDM reload.
On 6/18/19 at 32,789 miles, the shift knob was replaced due to cracking
Excelent! Looks like we can give the car serious consideration.

Can you expand on what a DDM reload entails?

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
I forgot what dealer it was done at, I can check later.

I doubt sales even knows how to look up the warranty service history. Service would know since they should do it for any car that comes in to check for open recalls.

The DDM reload is just reloading software for the Driver's Door Module. It was just a guess since there were no fault codes and no sign of a problem.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK thanks again. Your contributions are appreciated.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:bow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts