SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I took a factory tour while doing an osd of an XC70. During the tour I saw a passion red XC70 being built. I figured it may be for a special use (ambulance fire etc.) so I dismissed it. Later at the end of the assembly line I saw another passion red XC70 with wheels (looked like the XC60 rd wheels) and silver mirror caps. After the tour I asked the guide and she didn't know.

Maybe this is for select markets?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Photos? ...or are you not allowed to take photos on the tour?

Any VCNA employees or Mods know anything about Passion Red XC's?

·
Registered
11,927 Posts
I know that OSD orders can get color combos not normally available in the USA, so maybe that's what it was?

You sure it wasn't Flamenco Red?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Positive it was passion red, and also positive on the wheels. They looked 18-19"

They are very strict with no cameras / phones, so I didn't take picture. I thought the delivery process/tour was very well done and would not want to put it in jeopardy in the future.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Its possible it could be a special run of XCs for a company, promotion, movie, or perhaps you saw a TBA model coming this spring.

We inquired about getting a white V70R back in 2005 but we were told there was a minimum # units needed; forget if it was 15 or 20. Times may have changed or we may have been given misinformation.

We proposed a XC70 performance oriented concept to Volvo NA about four to five months ago as a potential project car. Didn't go anywhere so it would be awesome to see a passion red XC70 RD offer!!

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Yannis built some interesting cars for Keystone before he left for VCNA. Passion red XC70 T6's, magic blue/chestnut S80 T6, magic blue and ember black XC90 V8 Sports, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Beautiful car Dave. We did an OSD and just got the car end of last week. XC70 T6, xenon lights, climate pkg, PCC, etc... I really love it! Still miss the road hugging 2004 V70, but it's nice to have the high pressure turbo and bigger motor. She just flies. Going to take her out to the Chiricauhua Mountains next week to cut her teeth on some off-roading.

I really like the scuff plates that you have. I've never seen those before and I think they might come in handy on some of the rough roads out here in the Southwest. Where'd you find them?

-- Bill

·
Registered
158 Posts
Beautiful car Dave. We did an OSD and just got the car end of last week. XC70 T6, xenon lights, climate pkg, PCC, etc... I really love it! Still miss the road hugging 2004 V70, but it's nice to have the high pressure turbo and bigger motor. She just flies. Going to take her out to the Chiricauhua Mountains next week to cut her teeth on some off-roading.

I really like the scuff plates that you have. I've never seen those before and I think they might come in handy on some of the rough roads out here in the Southwest. Where'd you find them?

-- Bill
Black looks nice huh? We got the side skirts from the dealer. But you can get them on-line.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the response knut. The black is definitely nice. Initially that was my choice. However, when my wife and I saw a Twilight Bronze XC70 in person, we really liked it and that's what we got. Still quite happy with the choice. It really looks much better in person than in the photos.

-- Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts