SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mechanic has advised I have an issue with the rear differential (Haldex) and its expensive (AUD $4,000 - $6,000) to replace.

Has anyone had theirs rebuilt or repaired for a more effective price?

I am in Melbourne, Australia - does anyone have any recommendations including going to a Land Rover dealer such as Ritter as I believe the same part was used on the LR2 / Freelander.

Just looking for some guidance.

TIA

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I rebuild them but the cost of freight is probably prohibitive. I had someone in New Zealand contact me about sending them one and in the end, freight was to much.

When my brother was at Uni in Sydney I flew over and brought him his guitar amp as a carry on as a more cost effect way to handle freight. That was certainly bigger than a 40 lb differential, but the idea still is the same.

The LR2 has different gear ratios, but I'm told some people have still used them. I don't know how that worked out long term.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Swedish wreckers in Keilor, will have the part you need at the best price, they sell a lot of parts to Volvo dealers. 9336 2028 I have bought several parts for my P3 D5 there, very helpful and have a full workshop that could install it for you.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
As far as I was told the Land Rover year ratio is the same. I’ve put about 21k mikes on the rebuilt LR diff and have no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I work near Ritter Automotive which is a Land Rover service centre. Worth trying them then?

Not sure if I can replace the pump and AOC etc with parts from say FCP Euro or IPD.

Or something bigger.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bumping this thread up - My 2012 XC70 T6 shudders under acceleration. Even if I put it in sport mode and hold it in third gear there is a driveline shudder from the rear.Been diagnosed as a Haldex issue. Not sure if just the electronics or a bigger issue width the whole unit.
Ideas for repairs? Am working with Swedish Prestige in Melbourne to find some options which don’t cost thousands.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ended up getting a replacement Active on Demand coupling from Berry Motor Group in Mitcham, Victoria.

Second hand unit from a 2015 XC60 T6 with about 40,000 Km on the clock. Given my car has done 160,000 km (100,000 miles), its much newer.
Car runs smoothly now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts