SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

XC70 or V50

16K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  GrecianVolvo 
Re: XC70 or V50 (Munin)

IMO, if you really are going to haul some cargo, the V50 isn't big enough. We looked at them when we bought our V70R as it was newer and cheaper, but it just wasn't overly huge in the back.

If you don't need that much cargo hauling capacity, you'll probably get better mileage in the V50 and it does drive much lighter.

Which engines are you comparing, T5 vs. 3.2?

Re: XC70 or V50 (Mcgyver29)

Quote, originally posted by Mcgyver29 »

We can still get the V50 here in Canada as a T5 AWD with manual transmission, with the R package as a $4350 option.

Does anyone know what the Special Edition package was on the V70 T5 AWD in 2006. Was this a good year for the V70? There are about 6 of them just off lease in my area

Not a V50 R Design. A V70R.

Re: XC70 or V50 (BarentsBlueV50)

Quote, originally posted by BarentsBlueV50 »

There are a couple of additional factors to consider if you get the demo XC. First, IIRC your warranty is reduced because it runs from the day the car was put in service, not from the day you buy it. Second, while I'm sure that people taking test drives were not allowed to abuse the car, who knows what dealer personnel did with it when they were out by themselves.

I do not believe this is correct. If the car is a demo car, in the VCNA system it has never been put "In Service". So the warranty time frame runs from the time you purchase it, because that is the first RETAIL in service.

Not sure about the mileage, but I thought I heard someone say a while ago they bumped that up too. I could be wrong though.

Re: XC70 or V50 (BarentsBlueV50)

Quote, originally posted by BarentsBlueV50 »

According to Max's posts in this thread Volvo starts the warranty clock ticking when the car is put in service as a demo.

Like I said, don't buy the demo without knowing the in service date. That date will tell you how much warranty coverage is left.

Hmm, I stand corrected. I did not think it was so.

It was definitely not for my Acura.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.