SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yello!

Just grabbed some standard cheapo roof bars for my 2004 XC70.

I know this could fall in a few more categories as many other Volvos use the same bars; but does anyone know what sort of bike rack for the top would fit these best?

I was looking at some from Volvo and some official ones, but they either don't have what i want, or state a different year (?); or some comments on the products say they fit square bars (eh?! the bars i have are aero style which I assume was standard across the board).

Anyway if any can point me in the direction of some through fork (hopefully locking) style racks that fit these bars that would be spiffy. Price? I dunno, maybe 120 each? Is that too low? I do nose around on eBay a bit, with fingers crossed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-or-SUV-Fork-Mounted-Roof-Rack-Single-Bike-Aluminum-Bicycle-Carrier-BC-219-/291671339674?hash=item43e8f7729a:g:zxIAAOSwXshWqQZ~
These look terrible, but I'm tempted by the cheaponess, looks like they might clamp down ok, shame no lock.

Perhaps someone has some experience with some?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Take a look at the Thule 517 or 518 models. They no longer make them but you should be able to pick them up on eBay for around what you were looking to spend. Perhaps even amazon.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
I have a pair of roof mounted bicycle racks if you want them
$50 plus shipping. You will need to get a new key for the lock either from Thule, (who makes them for Volvo), or from a locksmith.

Here is a picture of them mounted on a 2004 before I removed them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a deal to me, just let me double check with the wife before hell brakes loose and I'll get back to you tonight. Cheers!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
They're on the floor, not going anywhere.
However, I will be having surgery on my hand Thursday and won't be able to box them up for at least a week to 10 days.
I hope you're not in that big of a rush, if you need them ASAP then you will need to buy them retail from somewhere else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts