SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not making much progress with Volvo Dealer- Anyone know of any reputable Auto shops that can install Volvo OEM parts with good quality workmanship at a reasonable labor price. We can order the parts online. We are in PA. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Any body shop could do it. I've had the front and rear bumpers off, they're not hard to take on/off. Where in PA are you? I'm in Chester County, there are 2 independent Volvo shops I use: Integrity near Lititz and Swedeworks near Phoenixville.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I took mine off to replace a couple bulbs, it is a bit tedious but not all that hard. There are YouTubes for it.

·
Registered
15,767 Posts
I agree with the previous replies. This is a time consuming thing if you've never done it and are working carefully but it is not difficult.
I'd have a big bunch of carboard under everything or a thick moving blanket. Simple tools and some you tube will assist greatly. FCP Euro has good videos, like this one:
06 is newer than the s60 this video but the process is similar.
Not making much progress with Volvo Dealer- Anyone know of any reputable Auto shops that can install Volvo OEM parts with good quality workmanship at a reasonable labor price. We can order the parts online. We are in PA. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any body shop could do it. I've had the front and rear bumpers off, they're not hard to take on/off. Where in PA are you? I'm in Chester County, there are 2 independent Volvo shops I use: Integrity near Lititz and Swedeworks near Phoenixville.
Thanks I'll give Swedesworks a try. We're not far from Phoenixville. Can anyone let me know if 2001-2007 XC70 Cross Country Bumpers are interchangeable. There are other colors available in 2001-2004 that are still available OEM New, He was interested in Blue or Brown Bumpers. Wants to make the CrossCountry unique. We Just need to make sure they would fit on a 2006 XC70. Thanks to all responses.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Problem is the blue bumper won't match the rest of the body lower cladding. The lower door cladding isn't hard to R&R but the pieces along both rocker panels are glued. A Pick-n-Pull recycler could get a set of blue cladding cheap, but for the issue of R&Ring the rocker covers and fender cladding.

The bumper seems daunting at first but watch a video of it being removed and it really isn't hard at all. Rear bumper also isn't hard.

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
Sent you PM. I can swap what ever you want with ease. I just swapped 06 XC bumpers onto my old 04 takes maybe an hour to do.
Headlights while the bumper is off maybe another 30 min ... Located in Middletown PA right off the turnpike.

I can also probably get the parts for cheaper then most can ... :D

Reactions: tabormeister

·
Registered
15,767 Posts
Justin could probably do blindfolded and left hand tied behind his back.
Sent you PM. I can swap what ever you want with ease. I just swapped 06 XC bumpers onto my old 04 takes maybe an hour to do.
Headlights while the bumper is off maybe another 30 min ... Located in Middletown PA right off the turnpike.

I can also probably get the parts for cheaper then most can ... :D

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
81 Posts
A bit further afield is Swedish Motors in Marietta, west of Lancaster, where I've been going for 27 years for my Volvo and Saabs:
Swedish Motors

·
Registered
16,851 Posts
A bit further afield is Swedish Motors in Marietta, west of Lancaster, where I've been going for 27 years for my Volvo and Saabs:
Swedish Motors
They are fantastic! One of the few I would trust to do the stuff If I didnt want to do it.

·
Registered
15,767 Posts
I’ve driven by there I’m sure. A few times.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts