SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a 2004 XC70 with Bad engine but has great interior
Was wondering if Front seats were compatible, Center console/ arm rest and A-pillars
I doubt there anything from back could be used

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
what year s60 are you trying to put into? I think the console is compatible just have to swap the entire thing armrest and all. Apillers should be compatible as well. Back seat definitely not. Why though would you want the those seats over the R seats?

·
Registered
16,810 Posts
Correct. Back seat not compatible wagon to sedan.
Shame to add XC interior to an R, with Rs having superior bolstering and leather softness, but I get it, if you need to replace bad seats.
Make sure your R is also 04. 05+ S60R would be a bad move, as things are all different and I don't think the airbags, etc. would work.

·
Registered
16,810 Posts
Maybe scout a part out. Not long ago I saw an entire interior for an 04 S60R for pennies. Door cards and all. Wasn't perfect, but should have cleaned up OK.

·
Registered
16,810 Posts
Yes, all P2 line has airbags in the seats.

Differences: Visibly not much, I don't think. I sat in and drove an 04R with incredibly low mileage - want to say 29K (considered purchase). It was a great seat. My 07 is really nice too and only was at 105K but just different enough.
The problem is in the connectors themselves I think. I don't think anything is compatible, so the power adjustments, the heat, the airbag would all be bad.

User ProlixArgon has VERY intimate knowledge of these details, and is super cool. Reach out to him.
AND, since you're in NC (not sure where) you may want to plug in Rustburg, VA to see how far away you are as that's where his business is. Might be worth a trip to get replacement seats (yard full of Volvos).

How much change in 05 , do the 05 seat have airbags
I have the center console with the pen holder

·
Registered
116 Posts
Color aside, can anyone confirm that the T5 seats are the same as the R seats? Someone said they were but I have found the T5 seats to be less firm.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Color aside, can anyone confirm that the T5 seats are the same as the R seats? Someone said they were but I have found the T5 seats to be less firm.
I was wondering the same thing. But, I think the side bolsters might be larger on the R seats.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
So I have the interior skins from an 04 R would it work in my 07

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
A lot changed from 04 to 05. The seat foam changed, on at least the cushion due to the airbag weight sensor on the passenger side. Also, I know how the skins attach to the seat cushion changed in 05, some sort of plastic clips versus hog rings. The seat back, might be the same. But, I haven't taken one apart yet. That's not to say you can't put 04 skins onto 05+ foam. It will just take some creativity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts