SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My understanding is the XC70 was Volvo's answer when they lacked a AWD<br>SUV. Now that they have come out with the XC90 SUV, will the XC70 wagon be phased out in the next couple of years?<p>I am looking a purchasing a 2003 XC70 but am concerned that this series<br>may be discontinued by Volvo in the next year.<p>Any guess on how long the XC70 will be around?<br>Thanks<br>

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Re: XC70 FUTURE (sunpro2003)

Hi,<p>I work in Overseas Delivery Sales at a US Volvo Retailer and have heard nothing at all about the phasing out of the XC70. The addition of the XC90 to the Volvo lineup only enhances the XC70. The XC90 is an SUV (Swedish Utility Vehicle). The XC70 is a SUW (Swedish Utility Wagon). In fact you can look forward to a third size all wheel drive wagon from Volvo when the XC50 arrives. It will be based on the new V50 wagon which will be replacing the current V40 wagon.<p>Buy the XC70. It will be around for awhile. Let me know if you need any more help.<p>Volvo for Life<p>William<p>

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Re: XC70 FUTURE ([email protected])

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR><p>Basically, I don't see the XC70 going anywhere.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>Yep.<p><br>Yannis

1 - 4 of 4 Posts