SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Re: xc70 crash question (j421)

I was checking out a friends van that got hit here (parts are gonna be expensive to get shipped here, btw) and saw a XC70 at the same shop that got hit pretty bad. If I go back, I'll take some photos.

Anyhow, it looks as if it were T-boned by a passenger car (or other vehicle with a low bumper) at moderate speed from the left. Pretty square hit, with the impact zone stretching from the aft edge of the driver's door, across the rear door, and back to the rear tire. The impact apparently sent the Volvo into a telephone/utility pole, hitting it just behind the rear right door.

Curtains and front side airbags were deployed, not front bags. Minor intrusion of soft panels into the rear seat area, but no sharp edges. No intrusion into the front seating area or the cargo area where the 3d seat would be (there wasn't one installed). Can't remember, but I think both door windows were shattered, as well as the right rear cargo area window. Glass "pebbles" scattered across the passenger compartment.

Like I said, if I go back, I'll take some pics and post them.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: xc70 crash question (swamped)

Quote, originally posted by swamped »
Here's a picture of my 2002 V70XC that was rear-ended on the interstate, this was a total loss:

Yeah, I guess it was. That was hit HARD, the entire unibody is SEVERELY bent

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: xc70 crash question (kenschel)

From the force of impact I'd be guessing at 50mph, I had almost come to a stop due to a previous accident ahead that occured in heavy rain, I don't think the other driver saw my brake lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts