SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is up with the XC70? I had heard that the redesign was waiting for 08, but now they have polished the S60, and are giving out massive disounts on 06 XC70s and V70s, makes me wonder about the 07s?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: XC70 Changes for 2007 or 2008? (VolvoPup)

Next generation V70 (project name "Y285") will go in production week 720 (that is week 20 in year 2007), I don't know if XC70 (project name Y381) will go in production at the same time. I think especially the new XC70 looks really nice! I've only seen it painted in white, and that's not my favourite color, I think that the looks of the new V70 is a little bit "soft" and boring, but that might have been the fault of the white painting.

I really whised that I could tell you guys more about the looks and new functions, but I'm afraid I can't...

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
Re: XC70 Changes for 2007 or 2008? (TurboJonte)

TurboJonte.............

You have confirmed what I have heard as well! The 08 V/XC70 models will be well worth waiting for http://********************/smile/emthup.gif and should be sometime in the fall of 07 in getting here to the US.
There are some exciting things going on at Torslanda/Ghent/Uddevella!..... I hope to get back over again....when I do...I have some beers to buy for some other Swedish friends....perhaps a little party at a local Goteborg establishment
I will put you on the guest list!
Keep us posted on any news!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TurboJonte
You are teasing us....
I love white-I want a white XC70 over graphite interior-so please post a pic of the next gen wagon, we will promise not to judge too harshly! (If anyone does we'll kick them out of the room!)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Re: (VolvoPup)

Ofcourse I was not able to take any photos inside Volvos "PVÖ" department where the "pre-runners" are assembled. I can tell you about a new feature for the first time in a Volvo, you do not have to use any of your muscles other than those in your index finger to close the trunk (is that the right word?).

Modified by TurboJonte at 1:39 AM 7-8-2006

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Re: (TurboJonte)

Quote, originally posted by TurboJonte »
I can tell you about a new feature for the first time in a Volvo, you do not have to use any of your muscles other than those in your index finger to close the trunk (is that the right word?).

Oh, God. Tell me that is not going to be true...I hate those. By the way, Volvo personnel chastied this feature on the new 5-series BMW wagon, just last year. They went out of their way to let us know how cumbersome the electric liftgate was and how it could "break", etc.

Yannis

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: (GrecianVolvo)

But now everyone has one, have to keep up with the Jones' you know

·
Registered
8,839 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

Oh, God. Tell me that is not going to be true...I hate those. By the way, Volvo personnel chastied this feature on the new 5-series BMW wagon, just last year. They went out of their way to let us know how cumbersome the electric liftgate was and how it could "break", etc.

Yannis

I remember that. I also recall the Bimmers liftgate breaking at the Denver 06 intro.
People ask for it on the XC90. Man, Americans are getting lazy.

·
Registered
11,944 Posts
Re: (VolvoMax)

Quote, originally posted by VolvoMax »
I remember that. I also recall the Bimmers liftgate breaking at the Denver 06 intro.
People ask for it on the XC90. Man, Americans are getting lazy.

I say that if a person's biggest concern is not having to manually open a liftgate, then they must have a very problem-free life, which is a sign of an incredibly high standard of living in this great country of ours! God bless America!

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Re: (Warpedcow)

Quote, originally posted by Warpedcow »

I say that if a person's biggest concern is not having to manually open a liftgate, then they must have a very problem-free life, which is a sign of an incredibly high standard of living in this great country of ours! God bless America!

Our ancestors shivering at Valley Forge or dying on the Great Plains would be highly pi$$ed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re: (Warpedcow)

Quote, originally posted by Warpedcow »

Some people call it "decadence", and it is usually a sign of a social decay (from which the term is derived).

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Re: (Volvo6850)

Let's not let the thread go south people.

I'm very interested in XCanything, and I'm hoping that the new one is a little more "hip". That way people won't wonder why a single guy like me would buy one.

Maybe I'm one of the few who actually plans to take vehicles like this off road. It would be nice to have a little bit of comfort in those situations. The R spoiled me I think.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts

Quote, originally posted by GrecianVolvo »

Kind of like a hardtop convertible?

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Re: XC70 Changes for 2007 or 2008? (universityvolvoOSD)

Quote, originally posted by universityvolvoOSD »
TurboJonte.............

You have confirmed what I have heard as well! The 08 V/XC70 models will be well worth waiting for http://********************/smile/emthup.gif and should be sometime in the fall of 07 in getting here to the US.
There are some exciting things going on at Torslanda/Ghent/Uddevella!..... I hope to get back over again....when I do...I have some beers to buy for some other Swedish friends....perhaps a little party at a local Goteborg establishment
I will put you on the guest list!
Keep us posted on any news!

Bob, have you seen any pictures? I haven't even seen a decent spy photo. I assume it best Volvo tradition this will be a evolutionary change as opposed to a revolutionary design compared to PS2.
This is IMPORTANT to me since my '04 Denali's lease is up in fall '08, and well, uhmm, you know I might wanna do another OSD. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Re: XC70 Changes for 2007 or 2008? (flybynight)

Maybe Volvo will give us a decent turning radius this time too.

Doesn't being able to pull a u-turn make a car more safe? Try doing a 3-point turn when you have oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Re: XC70 Changes for 2007 or 2008? (frankhoffy)

Frank
Be fair - all cars with the same geometry and wheel size have a similar turning radius regardless of its brand..

Get back to compact with 14" wheels, if you want to make u-turn on every street.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Re: XC70 Changes for 2007 or 2008? (Volvo6850)

My truck turns sharper than most Volvos

When I look at what's out there, I don't see many vehicles with a larger turning diameter than the P2 cars. The XC70's is pathetic: 43.3. Show me a non-truck with a larger turning diameter than that.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts