SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
I had to replace the fan assembly from one I harvested in a pick n pull yard for the same reason on my son's P2 V70 XC.
The P3 platform may be similar. The module that controls the fan operation was faulty and I don't think it is available by itself because it's a whole integrated part.
I think with ME doing it, I spent a two hours tops to disassemble and reassemble and I am very slow.

Can anyone provide any insight into my son's XC 70 fan running nonstop? Thanks in advance for help.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Yes, it is a p3. As @volvogod and @Wayne T5 say the module may be available separately but Volvo likely doesn’t sell it alone. If you can, do yourself a favor and scour your local junkyard for a P3 wagon and you may be lucky like I was to find the entire assembly. I was told they rarely go bad so gambled. I looked on YouTube to see how to remove it and did the reverse order to install. I think I paid 13 dollars but my labor is cheap. 😁
Thanks so much for the information. I must admit I'm new to this and not familiar with either platform. Presumably the P3 platform is that of my XC 70?

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
If you're handy, the way to go is another entire assembly at the yard, ot maybe an assembly that has this part in it you can snag.
What's your zip code? Maybe we can find you a car.
If you choose to buy the module new, look at the link @spiked60 provided as it looks like fitment is the same for your son's car too. Looking down the list it includes these (look at his VIN):
  • 2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 Wagon 3.2L L6 VIN:98 B6324S Automatic Engine Cooling Fan Controller
  • 2010 Volvo XC70 3.2 Wagon 3.2L L6 VIN:96 B6324S2 Automatic Engine Cooling Fan Controller
  • 2010 Volvo XC70 T6 Wagon 3.0L L6 B6304T2 Automatic Engine Cooling Fan Controller

Thank you. As noted above I'm new to all this but I would figure your engine is different than mine and the fan assembly might be different as well?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts