SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Owner of a few swede's but never an XC70, and I'm buying one of two on Monday.
2007, 113k, $4k in maintenance just done,
Or
2009, 130k, no known issues.

I'm wondering if these cars have things I should look or listen for while at the dealership? Are there hidden gremlins in either of these particular models I need to watch for? Or was one just built better than other?

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
13,496 Posts
The '07 is the last year of the P2 generation while the '09 is the second year of the current generation. While the '07 is the most refined version of that generation and has the 5 cylinder low pressure turbo motor, the '09 is a more modern and updated car. Standard motor on the '09 is the 3.2 liter 6 which some folks are not fans of and the upgraded 3.0 T6 is an upgrade. I think it really comes down to your impressions of the cars as they have some miles on them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Buy the P2 (2007)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Might trade the c30 in for an 09 xc70 t6

·
Registered
141 Posts
Am driving a 2009 XC70 T6 with 100K miles. Only issue I ever had were the tire pressure sensors-two snapped when it went thru the car wash in 2009. Went back to Volvo and said: get rid of these and put in the older, more flexible ones. So the instrument panel now shows tire pressure no good or whatever. Outside of that, car has been truly flawless.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Am driving a 2009 XC70 T6 with 100K miles. Only issue I ever had were the tire pressure sensors-two snapped when it went thru the car wash in 2009. Went back to Volvo and said: get rid of these and put in the older, more flexible ones. So the instrument panel now shows tire pressure no good or whatever. Outside of that, car has been truly flawless.

Old thread being bumped here... think "Luvrofwagons "has bought the car by now? Has been over a year, realy.

[XC70-D5-POLESTAR-AWD-GT-IPD]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts