SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please pardon my ignorance about new cars since I own 10 year old cars currently and I need to replace one of them. We were sold on the BMW x3 until I set my eyes on the Volvo xc60! It beats a x3 hands down in safety and by taking regular gas, standard tires etc.,. It also is cheaper by a grand and most features are standard in the Volvo. My biggest concern is the Swedish company itself which I believe is owned by a Chinese holding company called geely corp. I am just worried that Volvo may go down the "Saab" path? If so, the warranty could be in jeopardy, parts become expensive etc., Any one who purchased an xc60 recently have had similar thoughts? Should I take my chances and go down the Volvo path?

Tia

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Please pardon my ignorance about new cars since I own 10 year old cars currently and I need to replace one of them. We were sold on the BMW x3 until I set my eyes on the Volvo xc60! It beats a x3 hands down in safety and by taking regular gas, standard tires etc.,. It also is cheaper by a grand and most features are standard in the Volvo. My biggest concern is the Swedish company itself which I believe is owned by a Chinese holding company called geely corp. I am just worried that Volvo may go down the "Saab" path? If so, the warranty could be in jeopardy, parts become expensive etc., Any one who purchased an xc60 recently have had similar thoughts? Should I take my chances and go down the Volvo path?

Tia
Tia,

VOLVO Cars is an independent car manufacturer even though it is owned by the Zeijiang Geely Holding Group.

As such, the cars sold here are still manufactured in Sweden and Belgium. It's corporate HQs are in Goteborg, Sweden.

Ever since the sale from Ford (August 2010), the company has started to rebuild and transform itself especially since it went through some very dark years in the last period under Ford's ownership plus the last recession.

There has been a huge global investment in terms of investment in design, product planning and production plus network.

SAAB, unfortunately, had an entirely different deal under GM and you saw the results.

Of course, I do work for Volvo Cars, but I have been around the brand since 1994 and I can only remember one other time that I was nearly as excited as I am now regarding Volvo's future.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I dont think buying a new Volvo is risky or akin to taking a chance heading down a dicey path.

Solid cars, solid company and not remotely alagous to Saab, either now, or heretofore.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I would also point out that you're on a Volvo discussion forum populated primarily by Volvo enthusiasts, so you're not going to get as much objectivity as you might hope for. Jussayin'. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts

Tia
Hi Tia, That was the early question,when i talked to Volvo sale man. "Trust in Volvo"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts