SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I’m in the market for a XC60. I found a nice pre-owned option recently and everything looked great on it except the wheels. Looks like 2 of them had many close encounters with curbs.

The wheels are the: 20” 5-double spoke tech diamond cut version.

If I were to move forward with this XC60, just trying to figure out what the best option to address the wheels. To try and repair them somehow, replace them with Volvo, consider new wheels entirely and sell the other 2 good ones? Very open to suggestions.

I should mention the Volvo will be for my wife. And I enjoy nerding out on car stuff like this. Thanks in advance! 🙂

·
Registered
16,855 Posts
Wheel refinishing can cost about 200 a wheel and they do a good job.
The other option is to seek out replacements on ebay or a reseller, but that's far more costly.
Does your wife experience 'curb swell' or will this be a fix you can feel solid about?

·
Registered
442 Posts
You can get new take-offs for a reasonable price. I got a set of XC90 wheels and tires for about $1200.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Are all SPA Volvo wheels interchangeable? I know that T8's need 19". I've seen some used for sale, but I'm not sure of what I should be looking for to make sure they will be compatible.

·
Registered
442 Posts
It depends on the offset but the thread spacing I believe is the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts