SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tailgate on my 2013 Volvo XC60 has become almost impossible to open. The switch in the tailgate makes a clicking noise when pushed, but it takes 5-10 attempts, sometimes more, before the tailgate will release and open. I don't think it is the switch itself because the keyfob release button will not open the tailgate either. Is there a solenoid or something involved that may be going bad, or is this the typical behavior of a failing tailgate switch. Also, is this a big deal to repair, or is it something that I can do myself?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I too am having an issue with the tailgate not opening on my '12 XC60. There seems to be a lot written about other models, but not this one. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The tailgate on my 2013 Volvo XC60 has become almost impossible to open. The switch in the tailgate makes a clicking noise when pushed, but it takes 5-10 attempts, sometimes more, before the tailgate will release and open. I don't think it is the switch itself because the keyfob release button will not open the tailgate either. Is there a solenoid or something involved that may be going bad, or is this the typical behavior of a failing tailgate switch. Also, is this a big deal to repair, or is it something that I can do myself?
Hi I'm having the same problem with my 2012 XC60 what was fix in the end.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am sorry, I should have updated my post. I didn't receive any reply from this forum, so took it into the dealer which cost me $401.00! Here is the part they replaced, and it has been working fine for over a year:

I don't know of any reason this repair could not be done by the owner if they are even the least bit handy. Best of luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts